1. Forum login issues

G'day everyone

Yeah, it's me again.

What's really irritating about logging in to the forum is that if you forget your password and there's no secret question stored, then you're stuck.

I've registered maybe four times. There's no place to define a secret question but if I forget my password, I get asked for the answer to my secret question. Catch22.

Try changing "annoyed"'s password and you'll see what I mean.

By the way, thanks to whoever it was who voted up my Euphoria question on StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/199612/how-do-i-create-a-variant-array-of-bstr-in-euphoria-using-eucom

Kind regards
Bruce "exceptionally irritated" Axtens
Forked into: EuCOM stackoverflow question

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Forum login issues

Hi

Couldn't help replying to this.

So, you forget your password. This is also known as identity loss, and is the exact opposite of identity theft. It is a crime, and should be treated as such. Henceforth I propose that all messages that contain the words 'Bruce' or irritated be purged from the system.

Furthermore, if you were asked for your secret answer, why did you not enter. Fool. Do you not know that eu4 s advanced question prediction algorithms do not already know the question. If you were asked for the answer, why did you not just enter it. Now there are 4 logins to further clog and slow down everyone else's enjoyment of the forum.

Here's a howto on how to do a secret question. Think of the question and answer, then KEEP IT SECRET. Eu will know. Then when the time comes just answer it. How much simpler could you want?

Chris

smile (and probably about to be chargrilled)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Forum login issues

Rather than signing up again every time you forget your password, why not just e-mail Jeremy (jeremy@cowgar.com) and ask him to reset the password for you. If the source e-mail matches the e-mail in the database, I don't see how it's that big of a deal. getlost

Also, I'm curious how you keep forgetting your password. I'm sure most of us have a pattern or a pool from which we pick passwords, so it's usually a matter of two or three guesses if you can't remember one.

-Greg

4. Re: Forum login issues

ghaberek said...

Rather than signing up again every time you forget your password, why not just e-mail Jeremy (jeremy@cowgar.com) and ask him to reset the password for you. If the source e-mail matches the e-mail in the database, I don't see how it's that big of a deal. getlost

Also, I'm curious how you keep forgetting your password. I'm sure most of us have a pattern or a pool from which we pick passwords, so it's usually a matter of two or three guesses if you can't remember one.

-Greg

A few people have had issues logining in since we moved to the temporary host. Even with the correct password they couldn't get in, they had no choice but to reset it.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu