1. Seriously?

This link does not work for me. All I want to do is browse back to look at some old threads.

http://openeuphoria.org/forum/index.wc?page=2&per_page=20

Also, I am still getting logged out when I go from work to home and vice versa. I though this was fixed, or is there something I need to do on my end?

I hate to keep nitpicking this forum, but when even the simplest things don't work right, it's kind of hard to use the site.

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Seriously?

That link started working, but then I tried to post this response and that wouldn't go.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Seriously?

ghaberek said...

This link does not work for me. All I want to do is browse back to look at some old threads.

http://openeuphoria.org/forum/index.wc?page=2&per_page=20

The link works fine here. I believe we are still suffering from the 500 errors due to process limitations.

ghaberek said...

Also, I am still getting logged out when I go from work to home and vice versa. I though this was fixed, or is there something I need to do on my end?

It's in the list to be fixed but has not been fixed yet.

ghaberek said...

I hate to keep nitpicking this forum, but when even the simplest things don't work right, it's kind of hard to use the site.

Persistence is the key!

Jeremy

4. Re: Seriously?

Ugh. I tried to read your reply to this thread and that didn't work. A few F5's later and the page came up. Maybe this server, like me, is just having a bad day.

-Greg

5. Re: Seriously?

ghaberek said...

Ugh. I tried to read your reply to this thread and that didn't work. A few F5's later and the page came up. Maybe this server, like me, is just having a bad day.

-Greg

Indeed. Except that the server is having a bad day, every day, because it sucks.

Why isnt that fixed yet?

6. Re: Seriously?

CoJaBo said...
ghaberek said...

-Greg

Indeed. Except that the server is having a bad day, every day, because it sucks.

Why isnt that fixed yet?

And yet I'm almost never having this problem. In fact, I can't recall the last time I had to press F5 to reload a page.

I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been fixed by now because we don't have the resources right at this moment nor more importantly, the permission from Rob to do so.

The pre-requisites for moving to a different server are:

• Permission from Rob
  • Defining what a suitable server is
  • Finding a suitable server host
  • Paying for it
  • Having the time the migrate and test the move.
  • Implement the move

What part can you help with?

7. Re: Seriously?

ghaberek said...

-Greg

I counted about 30 that time (waiting 2-3 seconds between F5s).

Got it on video too!

Make that 31...32...33...34...35...

8. Re: Seriously?

DerekParnell said...
CoJaBo said...
ghaberek said...

-Greg

Why isnt that fixed yet?

And yet I'm almost never having this problem. In fact, I can't recall the last time I had to press F5 to reload a page.

I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been fixed by now because we don't have the resources right at this moment nor more importantly, the permission from Rob to do so.

The pre-requisites for moving to a different server are:

• Permission from Rob
  • Defining what a suitable server is
  • Finding a suitable server host
  • Paying for it
  • Having the time the migrate and test the move.
  • Implement the move

What part can you help with?

What are the specs on the current host, and what specs would be considered reasonable?

There are VPS server plans starting at around $7/mo.

And hey, I only had to reload twice to post this! (not including the additional 3 Internal Server Errors I got trying to edit this post)

9. Re: Seriously?

The real problem behind this is that I have been one busy person this past week and a half and the problem is I am going to be busy for another week. Until then, I can only hope that not everyone has the same problems you do. I certainly don't.

Jeremy

10. Re: Seriously?

Ok, right now I am! Ug!

2933 mysql     15   0 1647m 1.2g 5024 S  1.0 15.7 612:59.62 mysqld 

Our web server right now and it's MySQL process...

Jeremy

11. Re: Seriously?

[01:44] <katsmeow-afk> Internal Server Error
[01:44] <katsmeow-afk> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
[01:44] <katsmeow-afk> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@openeuphoria.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything [edited]

CST, usa, 10/18/09

useless

And it happened 2x more trying to post the post by clicking the post button.
And then 3x again, it's still not posted....

12. Re: Seriously?

useless said...

[01:44] <katsmeow-afk> Internal Server Error
[01:44] <katsmeow-afk> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
[01:44] <katsmeow-afk> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@openeuphoria.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything [edited]

CST, usa, 10/18/09

useless

And it happened 2x more trying to post the post by clicking the post button.
And then 3x again, it's still not posted....

I had to reload this 3x just to see who replied. It has been significantly out for at least 5 hours now.

This should have been fixed weeks ago.

Attempt to post #2...

13. Re: Seriously?

Yeah, this sucks. I had to refresh 3-5 times in order to read the post, 2-3 times in order to get the login screen, and 3-5 times to actually get it to accept my login.

14. Re: Seriously?

[02:04] <katsmeow-afk> i suspect if they keep it screwed up, the host will kick them off
[02:05] <katsmeow-afk> or RobC will hire someone to come in ONCE, make it work,and deny anyone else write permissions
[02:05] <someoneelse> seems simple to me: problem: server is not good enough. solution: switch to a better server that is available for free. decision: naw, it's good enough.
[02:05] <katsmeow-afk> i think the server is fine, crashing is not an error, it's code that malfunctioned
[02:06] <katsmeow-afk> i ran gigabytyes/day thru them yrs ago, and will again when the puter lab is on a ups and running 24-7
[02:06] <someoneelse> oh
[02:06] <someoneelse> well, i don't know what's going on
[02:08] <katsmeow-afk> wordpress

It was 50+ more refreshes to get this far in posting....
useless

15. Re: Seriously?

useless said...

[02:04] <katsmeow-afk> i suspect if they keep it screwed up, the host will kick them off
[02:05] <katsmeow-afk> or RobC will hire someone to come in ONCE, make it work,and deny anyone else write permissions
[02:05] <someoneelse> seems simple to me: problem: server is not good enough. solution: switch to a better server that is available for free. decision: naw, it's good enough.
[02:05] <katsmeow-afk> i think the server is fine, crashing is not an error, it's code that malfunctioned
[02:06] <katsmeow-afk> i ran gigabytyes/day thru them yrs ago, and will again when the puter lab is on a ups and running 24-7

useless

No, it's not any code that is constantly crashing. No euphoria code is crashing. It is definitely the server run by the host that is causing our problems.

We share the MySQL database with other users of the host (because this required by the host) and when one of them doesn't play nice and hgos the MySQL server, that causes the 500 errors.

So if we could move to a new, better server (one in which we are not at the mercy of other random users of the host), these problems would go away.

16. Re: Seriously?

jimcbrown said...
useless said...

useless

No, it's not any code that is constantly crashing. No euphoria code is crashing. It is definitely the server run by the host that is causing our problems.

We share the MySQL database with other users of the host (because this required by the host) and when one of them doesn't play nice and hgos the MySQL server, that causes the 500 errors.

So if we could move to a new, better server (one in which we are not at the mercy of other random users of the host), these problems would go away.

So use a different db, don't use MySQL.

useless

17. Re: Seriously?

useless said...

useless

The host only supports MySQL iirc, and we aren't allowed to run our own db server. So even if we could use a different db, we'd still have the same resource sharing issue.

18. Re: Seriously?

jimcbrown said...
useless said...

useless

The host only supports MySQL iirc, and we aren't allowed to run our own db server. So even if we could use a different db, we'd still have the same resource sharing issue.

I have a wierd deja vu feeling. It's like all those times i had memory issues accessing huge databases, and i was told it was all my fault and my bad programming, only now the shoe is on the other foot. I mean, it's not your fault someone else is hogging MySQL, but at the same time i have a terabyte of data i can access thru the same hosting company. Not that it's on that host, but it travels thru that host, as needed. And i don't use MySQL.

useless

19. Re: Seriously?

useless said...

I have a wierd deja vu feeling. It's like all those times i had memory issues accessing huge databases, and i was told it was all my fault and my bad programming, only now the shoe is on the other foot. I mean, it's not your fault someone else is hogging MySQL, but at the same time i have a terabyte of data i can access thru the same hosting company. Not that it's on that host, but it travels thru that host, as needed. And i don't use MySQL.

useless

Well, as you yourself admit, the issues we are having are not my fault or due to my bad programming.

Also, it is not a memory issue that causes the 500 errors.

It is a server issue. They are good for transferring terabytes of data and handling static web pages, but not so good as a SQL host. As I have been telling Jeremy, we outgrew this host long ago.

(As a side note, I think one of the reasons we chose a MySQL route was because we were low on disk space and were close to running out of room for new messages. The webhost sucks. And you yourself admit that you have not stored terabytes of data on the webhost....)

20. Re: Seriously?

I say we make a petition.

21. Re: Seriously?

Tabishi said...

I petition the error message be changed to something more intelligent.

(without admitting anything to jimcbrown)

useless

22. Re: Seriously?

useless said...
Tabishi said...

I petition the error message be changed to something more intelligent.

(without admitting anything to jimcbrown)

useless

You yourself admit that you petition the error message be changed to something more intelligent. ;) </joke>

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu