1. Win32lib For Eu 4.0

Hey

I was wondering when the new win32lib for Euphoria 4.0 would be released? I heard one was being written for 4.0, and I just wondering how close it was to release.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

Lone_EverGreen_Ranger said...

Hey

I was wondering when the new win32lib for Euphoria 4.0 would be released? I heard one was being written for 4.0, and I just wondering how close it was to release.

Me too ... blink just kidding.

I'm working on it.

The first phase will be to get one that at least runs with eu4 and have that ready for the next beta release next week.

Subsequent phases will be to take more and more advantage of the new features in Euphoria.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

OK, thanks

4. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

Hi Derek,

How is this process going? I downloaded 70.4a and the couple demos I ran seem to work with EU4 OK. Is there anything (specific) I should be cautious about developing further with EU4 and 70.4a?

Thanks! Steve A.

5. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

ssallen said...

Hi Derek,

How is this process going? I downloaded 70.4a and the couple demos I ran seem to work with EU4 OK. Is there anything (specific) I should be cautious about developing further with EU4 and 70.4a?

Thanks! Steve A.

I'm sure there are still bugs he hasn't finished working out since the 4.0 compatible one is still in beta pretty much.

6. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

ssallen said...

Hi Derek,

Thanks! Steve A.

A lot slower than I'd like it go, actually.

No, there is nothing to be cautious about with v4 and win32lib. Applications developed now with v3 and the library should work as intended with v4, and with the new release of the win32lib library.

7. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

Derek,

Have you thought about moving to GDI+ for the graphics routines in Win32Lib-for-4.0? I may or may not already be working on a 4.0 set of wrappers for the GDI+ flat API, which could be incorporated into Win32Lib. getlost

For those who don't know, GDI+ is the basis of .NET's "Graphics" paradigm. It does fancy stuff like vector drawing, anti-aliasing, and complex gradients. grin

-Greg

8. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

ghaberek said...

Have you thought about moving to GDI+ for the graphics routines in Win32Lib-for-4.0?

Yes I have, and it would be a good thing.

9. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

DerekParnell said...

There's roughly 600 functions to wrap for the whole API. I'm about 5% done so far. getlost

10. Re: Win32lib For Eu 4.0

ghaberek said...
DerekParnell said...

There's roughly 600 functions to wrap for the whole API. I'm about 5% done so far. getlost

Damn, that sucks. Only 5% done? There is a long way to go.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu