1. problem with Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10

Hello. When I try to use the Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10, I get a bus error. I don't get any more information than that. I run it like: ecu myprogram.ex I'm running the 4.0 alpha 3 version of Euphoria on Mac OS 10.5.7 on an Imac Intel. Since the message is "bus error," that would seem to suggest that there is a problem with my hardware, but I don't think that's the case because I haven't gotten this message with any other applications on my computer. What's wrong?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: problem with Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10

bump

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: problem with Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10

tiger05 said...

Hello. When I try to use the Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10, I get a bus error. I don't get any more information than that. I run it like: ecu myprogram.ex I'm running the 4.0 alpha 3 version of Euphoria on Mac OS 10.5.7 on an Imac Intel. Since the message is "bus error," that would seem to suggest that there is a problem with my hardware, but I don't think that's the case because I haven't gotten this message with any other applications on my computer. What's wrong?

What's the program you're trying to translate?

Matt

4. Re: problem with Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10

It is not about hardware bus but about software bus, which is an inter-process communication mechanism, like de D-BUS in linux.
ref: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus

tiger05 said...

5. Re: problem with Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10

I can't get the ecu command to work for any program I try to translate. When I run it on some programs, I get a segmentation fault and on others, I get a bus error. Even a simple program like the code below gives a bus error.

puts(1,"Testing Euphoria\n") 
print(1,9*2) 
puts(1,"\n") 

6. Re: problem with Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10

tiger05 said...

I can't get the ecu command to work for any program I try to translate. When I run it on some programs, I get a segmentation fault and on others, I get a bus error. Even a simple program like the code below gives a bus error.

puts(1,"Testing Euphoria\n") 
print(1,9*2) 
puts(1,"\n") 

Please try building in debug mode. Ideally, build the runtime library first, then translate in debug mode, and link to the debug library. Then, run under gdb, and report where it's failing.

$ cd euphoria/source 
$ make library EDEBUG=1 

$ euc -lib ./eu.a -debug myapp.ex 
$ gdb myapp 
(gdb) $ run 
I don't have a Mac, but this (substitute the proper directories above) should work on all the Unix like systems supported by euphoriayou'll need to run the configure script in the source dir if you haven't already. The runtime library doesn't require any translation.

Matt

7. Re: problem with Euphoria to C translator on Mac OS 10

Well, that was weird. I recompiled Euphoria as you istructed and I no longer have problems with the Euphoria to C translator. I just translated a couple of programs and I didn't get any segmentation fault or bus error.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu