1. Printing past 8.5 inches using win32lib 59.1

Anyone know how to get past this limit. I need to print on a dot matrix printer that is 132 cols wide. Basically I guess is that pageWidth = w32Func(xGetDeviceCaps, {prtOptions[4], HORZSIZE}) Milimeters of printable area reports the incorrect size of the printer.

I've been using windows generic text only printer driver that works great with 80 col printers and with paper set to std US fanfold is supposed to print full width acording to google'd results.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Printing past 8.5 inches using win32lib 59.1

BTW getRect(Printer) does report the correct values for the wide printer using the Lexmark Forms Printer 2581 supplied driver. But win32lib still does not report that the printer is 14-7/8 inches wide (after dividing milimeters by 25.4). It reports that it is 203mm which is 7.99in. It should be reporting approx 375mm.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Printing past 8.5 inches using win32lib 59.1

GeorgeWalters said...

Anyone know how to get past this limit. I need to print on a dot matrix printer that is 132 cols wide. Basically I guess is that pageWidth = w32Func(xGetDeviceCaps, {prtOptions[4], HORZSIZE}) Milimeters of printable area reports the incorrect size of the printer.

I've been using windows generic text only printer driver that works great with 80 col printers and with paper set to std US fanfold is supposed to print full width acording to google'd results.

I think this is what you want; HORZSIZE is screen size

PHYSICALWIDTH For printing devices: the width of the physical page, in device units. For example, a printer set to print at 600 dpi on 8.5"x11" paper has a physical width value of 5100 device units. Note that the physical page is almost always greater than the printable area of the page, and never smaller.

4. Re: Printing past 8.5 inches using win32lib 59.1

bernie said...

I think this is what you want; HORZSIZE is screen size

PHYSICALWIDTH For printing devices: the width of the physical page, in device units. For example, a printer set to print at 600 dpi on 8.5"x11" paper has a physical width value of 5100 device units. Note that the physical page is almost always greater than the printable area of the page, and never smaller.

You may be correct, but I still can't print past 8 inches. Apparently win32lib or some other function clips the wPuts at ~8in.

5. Re: Printing past 8.5 inches using win32lib 59.1

Well, I found some more info on the subject. I cannot get the window printer dialogue to keep a setting if standard us fanfold. Each time it launches it defaults back to letter. Anyone know how to the this option to stick? I can't figure out how.

6. Re: Printing past 8.5 inches using win32lib 59.1

GeorgeWalters said...

Well, I found some more info on the subject. I cannot get the window printer dialogue to keep a setting if standard us fanfold. Each time it launches it defaults back to letter. Anyone know how to the this option to stick? I can't figure out how.

Or is there a way to select the paper type from within win32lib??

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu