1. Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

Greetings;

If you are able, please view a pic of my TxTool (Windows) program @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/vmars956/ It is written Delphi/Pascal, but I want to convert it to Euphoria.

~ the top 1/3 of screen is mostly panels, with a ScrollBox that holds another panel, which is loaded with feature buttons (Sort, Html, Strip, Leading, Trailing, et..). When a button is clicked, (e.g., SORT) up pops a panel which contains all the options for the feature button clicked. New pgm doesn't have to use buttons, could be Tabs. The bottom 2/3 of the screen contains two TextControls and buttons.

Now here's my dilemma: I don't know what the names are for similar controls in Euphoria, or what they actually look like. So I don't really know what are my options. I am hoping that someone(s) can aim me at wxEuphoria Docs with Examples, with pics of the different controls, and how they all fit together. I plan to document my journey and make Docs available online.

It seems like a very complex project to me, probably because I am not yet comfortable with those tricky Sizers. Anyways, if you fellow Euphorians have sample wxEuphoria code/examples, esp. using wxScrolledWindow (or similar, or complex Sizer hierachys) please aim me at them.

Thanks a lot! ...Vern

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

This is OT, but you can take a look at MidletPascal (Wiki)
At least you'll make something fast, without waiting answer from deaf people smile
It's actually a freeware now, and you can see what you get in a moment with MicroEmulator.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

I'd love to help but I do most of my development at work and we block flickr, so I cannot see the image. Sorry. getlost

-Greg

4. Re: Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

I am at home now and have downloaded the image of your TxTool. I will take a look at it and break it down into the basic components and construct a demo for you. This may be a good opportunity for me to visually document each of the wxEuphoria controls.

-Greg

5. Re: Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

You see?
Things works when you push a little... blink
Thanks for help!

6. Re: Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

darkborn said...

You see?
Thanks for help!

While I don't disagree in general with your observation, I DO disagree with it HERE, in this forum...most of the "best" people here (knowledgable, informed, capable) are BUSY, with many things, not DEAF.

Many newbies coming here observe that this is forum comprised of an unusually friendly, helpful bunch of people.

Dan

7. Re: Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

Dan_M said...
darkborn said...

You see?
Thanks for help!

While I don't disagree in general with your observation, I DO disagree with it HERE, in this forum...most of the "best" people here (knowledgable, informed, capable) are BUSY, with many things, not DEAF.

Many newbies coming here observe that this is forum comprised of an unusually friendly, helpful bunch of people.

Dan

No offense. I was joking. But actually, this has nothing with this forum & community here. It is just a mechanism how people react. You can do nothing about it (at least if you're human) smile
But please, do not overreact: I do not want to be surrounded with unusually friendly, helpful bunch of people grin

8. Re: Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

vmars said...

someone(s) can aim me at wxEuphoria Docs with Examples, with pics of the different controls, and how they all fit together. I plan to document my journey and make Docs available online.

(...)

vmars said...

if you fellow Euphorians have sample wxEuphoria code/examples, esp. using wxScrolledWindow (or similar, or complex Sizer hierachys) please

ghaberek said...

to visually document each of the wxEuphoria controls

GREAT IDEA! This is what is needed... Thank it forward!

9. Re: Converting a program from Pascal to wxEuphoria

Hey guys; Thanks for your replies. I was away for a while. But I am back now and still interested in converting my Pascal pgm to Euphoria. I have the Pascal code, if you are interested.

I think the tricky part for me is how to load up the scrolledWindow Control with a matrix of Buttons in an 8(col) x 6(rows), using the appropriate v & h Sizers combinations.

And I hope to replace some of my clumsy procedures with RegEx.

Happy to be back! ..Vern

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu