1. selectDirectory() in Docs.

Hello All,

Shouldn't selectDirectory() function be listed in the Dialogs section of the docs ie. "Index.htm".

Don Cole

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

doncole2009 said...

Hello All,

Shouldn't selectDirectory() function be listed in the Dialogs section of the docs ie. "Index.htm".

Don Cole

No. It currently appears in the category File Operations because that is its main area of operation, along with

• copyFile
  • createDirectory
  • deleteFile
  • getCurrentDirectory
  • getFileInfo
  • getFullPathName
  • getTempFile
  • getTempPath
  • moveFile
  • setCurrentDirectory
  • setFileAttr
  • setSearchPaths
  • w32FileOpen
  • w32FindFile

The fact that it brings up a dialog box is incidental to its purpose.

I do see your point though; there are other entires listed under Dialogs. I think that those need to be relocated to better functional areas.

However, why have you asked the question? Was it difficult to locate in the docs? Do we need a better index or search facility? Maybe we need to allow multiple categories per documentation item...?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

Well getOpenFileName() is in the dialogs.

And selectDirectory() is about the same thing.

I spent a lot of time looking for it and finally found it. I knew

it was there as I had used it before but couldn't find it.

I think they both should be in Dialogs and File Operations. Or at

least getOpenFileName()

and selectDirectory() should both be in the same place be it

Dialogs or File Operations.

Don Cole

4. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

DerekParnell said...
doncole2009 said...

Hello All,

Don Cole

No.

<snip>

DerekParnell said...

However, why have you asked the question? Was it difficult to locate in the docs? Do we need a better index or search facility? Maybe we need to allow multiple categories per documentation item...?

What index? I didn't see one at all. And search not yet implemented, right?

Dan

5. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

Dan_M said...

What index?

I use index.htm. You should have received such a file with the distribution.

Dan_M said...

And search not yet implemented, right?

That's right.

6. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

OOPS! My bad, I was only speaking about the "Manual" as presented on the OpenEuphoria forum site; there's no "index" in IT.

Dan

7. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

Dan_M said...

OOPS! My bad, I was only speaking about the "Manual" as presented on the OpenEuphoria forum site; there's no "index" in IT.

It'll have an index before the final comes out. It's just a matter of getting it done amongst the many other things that need to be done. Sorry it's taking so long.

Jeremy

8. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

jeremy said...
Dan_M said...

It'll have an index before the final comes out. It's just a matter of getting it done amongst the many other things that need to be done. Sorry it's taking so long.

Jeremy

What I am talking about is 'Index.htm' that is located in win32lib\docs section main Euphoria download. All the files in there are .htm.

What I don't understand is why selectDirectory() and getOpenFileName() are not both in the same place. They both do the same thing, one selects a Directory and one selects a File.

Don Cole

9. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

doncole2009 said...

What I don't understand is why selectDirectory() and getOpenFileName() are not both in the same place. They both do the same thing, one selects a Directory and one selects a File.

It is a mistake that I'll correct soon. It is not a drop-everything-and-fix-it-yesterday type of issue, IMO.

I propose to have them appear in multiple categories, but in the meantime, it takes only a few seconds to scan the index.

10. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

Thank you Derek,

There's no rush on this. Just an idea.

DonCole

11. Re: selectDirectory() in Docs.

jeremy said...
Dan_M said...

Jeremy

No worries, Jeremy, I think most of us realize what an enormous job it is the 4.0 devs are doing! smile

Dan

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu