1. credit card processing

I couldn't find any routines in the archives on processing credit/debit cards. Does anyone have one they could share? Or suggest what to use for writing one? There were a couple that validated the check digit but did not process the credit/debit card sale. Any help appreciated. I'm using win32lib and EU 2.4 if that makes a difference.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: credit card processing

You need a networking library, such as socket.e in version 4 or EuNet for version 3; and to talk to the bank that handles your transactions for the protocol.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: credit card processing

GeorgeWalters said...

I couldn't find any routines in the archives on processing credit/debit cards. Does anyone have one they could share? Or suggest what to use for writing one? There were a couple that validated the check digit but did not process the credit/debit card sale. Any help appreciated. I'm using win32lib and EU 2.4 if that makes a difference.

This is hard to get right, and you really have to get it right.

Have you considered using third party services that have already done the hard work for you. Something like PayPal for instance?

4. Re: credit card processing

A lot of places that I've seen that accept credit cards usually have one or two of those little machines that handle the transactions. Then they just file the receipt in the cash drawer.

If you're planning to write credit card authorization software, you typically have to get licensing from a service provider, which involves various startup fees and some legal paper work i.e. they don't want you stealing people's money.

-Greg

5. Re: credit card processing

Having gone through this a few years ago, my advice is "don't". I'm pretty sure that security requirements are even stiffer than they were back then. Unless you're running something on the scale of Amazon.com, it isn't worth the trouble and expense.

If you're interested in on-line selling while letting a service handle the credit-card security for you, I can recommend Americart.com. Optionally they will handle verification & charging the cc, or you can run the charges through a local cc machine in your office/store, just like walk-up customers' charges.

6. Re: credit card processing

Still thinking about this. Does anyone know if EU has routines to deal with a modem, or at least a serial port, and routines to communicate via secure sockets - SSL, as well as have access to encryption routines, typically 3DES.

I've found a little info in the archives but I'm not sure these tools exist yet. The serial port seems to exist and some encryption but not 3DES.

Comments appreciated

7. Re: credit card processing

Ok, you guys are right. It's not worth the effort. So I'm gonna use this one. I can use the command line version or get one of you to wrap the dll version.

http://www.x-charge.com/

thanks for the advice.

8. Re: encryption (was: credit card processing)

I have working 3DES and AES encryption libraries. I was working on RSA, but kept getting hung up on bigmath. Consulting and salary work pulled me away from Euphoria at that point because of the type of work that was coming in. With any luck, I or someone else will be able to pick up on it when v.4 is finally done. The MD5 hash included there is 3x faster than the one I wrote. The main point to these libraries was to add SSL/TLS capability to EuNet, which doesn't currently exist.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu