1. Editors

Hi all,

I've been away from Euphoria for a while and want to pick it up again On irc... "iamlost" recommended ed.ex!?! Though he does use vim as well. "jeremy_c" recommended vim or eFTE

Alex

PS Windows Vista for me, but if you think others should know about editors on other platforms feel free to post

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Editors

AlexChamberlain said...

Hi all,

I've been away from Euphoria for a while and want to pick it up again On irc... "iamlost" recommended ed.ex!?! Though he does use vim as well. "jeremy_c" recommended vim or eFTE

Alex

PS Windows Vista for me, but if you think others should know about editors on other platforms feel free to post

grin Those linux freaks are a worry, no?

I'm a Windows user and I use two editors.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Editors

eFTE has great Euphoria support (as I am the author), including function navigation, templates, automatic indentation (i.e. if 1 thenENTER, and it indents the next line), etc...

However, a word of warning, it is still pre 1.0, so, there are some things I live with for now grin

Jeremy

4. Re: Editors

Oh, it is Windows, OS 2, OS X, Linux, FreeBSD, AIX, Solaris and others.

Jeremy

5. Re: Editors

DerekParnell said...

I'm a Windows user and I use two editors.

I used Crimson Editor for many years. For a number of reasons, I needed to upgrade to the current release, but found the FTP support (never very good) too flaky to use.

I finally threw a few dollars in the direction of UltraEdit, and could not be happier. There's a Euphoria syntax file, and I added to that all of my own routines. Good 'search in files', regex, compare functions. Easily customisable with macros etc.

The FTP functionality is so good that I use it as my Linux editor also, either on my web servers or the two Linux boxes in the same room. For those days when I just don't have the vim to do it any other way.

6. Re: Editors

My wxEditor is entirely cross platform. The only downside right now is that text-selection doesn't work. I've put the project on hold until I can re-write it with Euphoria 4.0, so I can take advantage of the new features. (Most specifically the "maps" which are 10 times better than my half-assed "lists" currently used in wxEditor.) I'm also accepting developers for the project, should anyone like to help. grin

-Greg

7. Re: Editors

• eFTE 1.0 has been released today which comes with support for Euphoria 4.x include syntax highlighting and function navigation. Automatic indentation was working great for Euphoria but was kicked out of the final release as it has some issues on other languages. It will be included again in the 1.1 release. It includes a Windows installer.
  • Minimum Profit is an editor that has not been mentioned here is that supports Euphoria out of the box as well (I wrote the config file and submitted it to the source tree).
  • Vim is a very powerful editor. I wrote syntax highlighting and indentation for vim. It is not included with vim, but can be downloaded from: vim-euphoria.tar.gz
  • CodeLite is an IDE that uses Scintilla as it's editor widget. I have created syntax highlighting for Euphoria for it as well: lexer_euphoria.xml
  • MicroEmacs is a great editor, I'd probably be using this one if eFTE didn't exist. I wrote syntax highlighting, indentation and function browsing for it as well: hkeuphoria.emf
  • Joe is a nice, simple editor. I wrote syntax highlighting for it as well: euphoria.jsf

These are just some more that I know of. Of course, it was a shameless plug as well for the release of 1.0 of my own editor grin

Jeremy

8. Re: Editors

Correction on the Vim URL, it only responds to http://www.vim.org ... It does not respond to http://vim.org for some silly reason getlost

Jeremy

9. Re: Editors

Vim, under either Windows or Linux.

10. Re: Editors

Textpad, it has Eu syntax hilighting which you can edit (as well as for other languages), and you can have it fetch http urls as if they were resident on your computer.

useless

11. Re: Editors

I have created a wiki page for text editors that support Euphoria:

http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/euwiki.cgi?Editors

Jeremy

12. Re: Editors

Oh, please feel free to edit this page and add other editors you know of, whether you use them or not. If they support Euphoria they should be added.

13. Re: Editors

jeremy said...

Oh, please feel free to edit this page and add other editors you know of, whether you use them or not. If they support Euphoria they should be added.

I'm trying but still get the "You are now logged in, but you will not be able to edit pages. until an administrator approves your account." welcome. blink

14. Re: Editors

euler said...
jeremy said...

I'm trying but still get the "You are now logged in, but you will not be able to edit pages. until an administrator approves your account." welcome. blink

Try again ...

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu