1. Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

Greetings:

I ran the 'Euphoria To C Translator' and the Emake.bat, but no SmplEuph.exe was created. I expected the emake.bat to delete all the .c files (as advertized), but it didn't.
Please, what am I doing wrong ? Thanks!

SmplEuph.bat
SmplEuph.exw

DLL.C
EMAKE.BAT
INIT-.C
MACHINE.C
MAIN-.C
MAIN-.H
MAIN-0.C
MISC.C
OBJFILES.LNK
SmplEuph.C
WXEUD.C

So I put a 'pause' command in emake.bat , and here are the error msgs:
compiling with WATCOM main-.c 'wcc386' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. main-0.c 'wcc386' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. SmplEuph.c 'wcc386' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. wxeud.c 'wcc386' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. dll.c 'wcc386' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. misc.c 'wcc386' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. machine.c 'wcc386' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. init-.c 'wcc386' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. linking 'wlink' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Could Not Find C:\Euphoria\wxeuphoria\vmTutorials\*.obj 'le23p' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. 'cwc' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue . . .

Shall I post the contents of emake.bat
Thanks!

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

vmars said...

I ran the 'Euphoria To C Translator' and the Emake.bat, but no SmplEuph.exe was created.

• Do you have the Watcom compiler installed?
  • Is it in your PATH?
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

vmars said...

I ran the 'Euphoria To C Translator' and the Emake.bat, but no SmplEuph.exe was created.

• Do you have the Watcom compiler installed?
  • Is it in your PATH?

4. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

Do not install watcom in a place with spaces (for example under c:\Program Files). I have tried that. It doesn't work out well. Use the Windows translator: ecw even for console apps. Use the -con option to make a console app. The resulting Windows exe will be faster than the one translated with ec.exe.

Shawn Pringle

5. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

SDPringle said...

Use the Windows translator: ecw even for console apps. Use the -con option to make a console app. The resulting Windows exe will be faster than the one translated with ec.exe.

However, you need to use ec.exe if you use any graphics such as graphics_mode() or draw_line().

Also, even if you only need a console app, using ecw -con will make the resulting console app work only on Windows. It will not run under DOS.

6. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

I have to correct myself about the speed issue. I just tried it with my current builds. With the Windows translation 1.4s plus or minus 0.2s to do sieve8k 5000 and with the DJGPP DOS translator: 0.07s plus or minus 0.03s to do the same thing! However, the WINDOWS version has all of its unit tests working and with watcom for Windows. I consitently get crashes from programs translated for DOS and then compiled for DOS with watcom. DJGPP is the better choice of the two in the DOS realm.

Shawn Pringle

7. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

C Compilers
In here: C;\Euphoria\wxeuphoria\wxWidgets-2.8.9\src\png\scripts
I have a file called: makefile.watcom
?? Should I do anything with this ??
From here:
http://openwatcom.mirrors.skynet.be/pub/ftp.openwatcom.org/
I downloaded: http://openwatcom.mirrors.skynet.be/pub/ftp.openwatcom.org/open-watcom-c-win32-1.8.exe
and : http://openwatcom.mirrors.skynet.be/pub/ftp.openwatcom.org/open-watcom-c-dos-1.8.exe
?? Will I need this C-dos ??
From here:
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/zip-picker.html
unzip32.exe to unzip the zip files 95 kb v2/copying.dj DJGPP Copyright info 3 kb v2/djdev203.zip DJGPP Basic Development Kit 1.5 mb v2/faq230b.zip Frequently Asked Questions 664 kb v2/pakk023b.zip Pakke Installer 1,017 kb v2/readme.1st Installation instructions 22 kb v2apps/rhid15ab.zip RHIDE 6.0 mb v2gnu/bnu219b.zip Basic assembler, linker 4.0 mb v2gnu/gcc432b.zip Basic GCC compiler 5.4 mb v2gnu/gdb611b.zip GNU debugger 1.5 mb v2gnu/mak3791b.zip Make (processes makefiles) 267 kb v2gnu/txi412b.zip Info file viewer 1.0 mb
?? Anything in here that I don't need ??
?? I think Borland has a free C compiler. Would this work also? Any experiences?

Thanks! ...Vern

8. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

vmars said...

C Compilers

?? I think Borland has a free C compiler. Would this work also? Any experiences?

If you're using Windows, I'd recommend sticking with OpenWatcom. Although other compilers are now supported, Watcom was the original compiler that Euphoria was built with, and probably still the best supported, at least on Windows/DOS. It also builds DOS executables. I'd recommend staying away from DJGPP.

Matt

9. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

"stay away from..." Ok, will do. Thanks!
...Vern

10. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

Ugh!
I installed Watcom 1.8 (but not djdev stuff) and tried EMAKE.BAT again
Running EMAKE.BAT I get gazillions of undefined symbols
which means wcc386 is working and be_machine.c (etc.) is a valid source BUT
file c:\euphoria\bin\ec.lib(C:\eusvn\source\be_machine.c): undefined symbol memmove_ file c:\euphoria\bin\ec.lib(C:\eusvn\source\be_machine.c): undefined symbol signal_ file c:\euphoria\bin\ec.lib(C:\eusvn\source\be_machine.c): undefined symbol _getvisualpage_ file c:\euphoria\bin\ec.lib(C:\eusvn\source\be_machine.c): undefined symbol _getactivepage_ 'le23p' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
CauseWay Compressor 3.01 Copyright 1993-96 Michael Devore; all rights reserved.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Could not find any files.

What to do next ? Thanks! ...Vern

11. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

vmars said...

Ugh!

I installed Watcom 1.8 (but not djdev stuff) and tried EMAKE.BAT again

What to do next ? Thanks! ...Vern

I'm running from Watcom 1.8 and not having any problems at all.

It sounds a bit like your PATH and/or INCLUDE environment symbols aren't right.

At the DOS prompt, what does ...

echo %PATH% 
echo %INCLUDE% 
show for you?

If watcom is on your path, is it pointing to the same place you installed actually installed v1.8?

BTW, why do you put all the "\\" in your posts?

12. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

Easy one 1st: BTW, why do you put all the "
" in your posts?

How else can I force a line break?
Look at this thread TOP
I have no idea what I did to cause the colored background or the centering. Funy things happen when I use special characters. Touchy touchy.
Any tips?

Ah yes,a PATH problem, missing ";"
EMAKE.bat now outputs *.exe
But I get an error when I run *.exe .
A good place to start a new Thread
open_dll() is not supported in Euphoria for DOS32
Thanks...vmars

C:\EUPHORIA\wxeuphoria\vmTutorials>echo C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi5\Projects\Bpl

C
\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi5\Bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\Syste m32\Wbemc:\euphoria\bin; C:\Python26;C:\Euphoria\wxEuphoria\WATCOM\BINNT;C:\Euph oria\wxEuphoria\WATCOM\BINW C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi5\Projects\Bpl;C:\PROGRA~1\Borland\Delphi5\Bin;C:\WIND OWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbemc:\euphoria\bin; C:\Python26;C:\ Euphoria\wxEuphoria\WATCOM\BINNT;C:\Euphoria\wxEuphoria\WATCOM\BINW
C:\EUPHORIA\wxeuphoria\vmTutorials>echo C:\Euphoria\wxEuphoria\WATCOM\H;C:\Eupho ria\wxEuphoria\WATCOM\H\NT C:\Euphoria\wxEuphoria\WATCOM\H;C:\Euphoria\wxEuphoria\WATCOM\H\NT

C:\EUPHORIA\wxeuphoria\vmTutorials>pause Press any key to continue . . .

13. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

vmars said...

Easy one 1st: BTW, why do you put all the "
" in your posts?

How else can I force a line break?

An extra line between paragraphs will do it.

vmars said...

Look at this thread TOP
I have no idea what I did to cause the colored background or the centering. Funy things happen when I use special characters. Touchy touchy.
Any tips?

• Study the 'Common Formatting' below the post. There's also a Creole Markup Help Page on the wiki (maybe the forum should link to that?).
  • Preview early and often.
  • When showing console output in particular, use the triple curly braces {{{ }}}.
  • Put <eucode></eucode> tags around code (don't forget to close them!).
  • End your post with a line break.
  • Hit the quoted reply of someone else's formatted post to see what markup they used.
  • Use the escape character (~) when trying to display something that would otherwise be interpreted as markup.

Some of these (open tags, ending line break) should probably be considered bugs with the creole library IMHO.

Matt

14. Re: Euphoria To C Translator , but no output.exe

Ah yes

very cool

Thanks!...Vern

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu