1. EuGTK - Irv or Michael?

I am curious, what is the difference between the two EuGTK packages? They have the same primary names as well as even the same basic files (GtkEngine, GtkEnums, ...)

Jeremy

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: EuGTK - Irv or Michael?

jeremy said...

I am curious, what is the difference between the two EuGTK packages? They have the same primary names as well as even the same basic files (GtkEngine, GtkEnums, ...)

Jeremy

If you are referring to the EuGTK updated by M. Sabal, that's for Eu 3. There are huge differences between that and the latest EuGTK, which uses a lot of functions found only in Eu 4 alpha. Syntax is different, basic operation of the engine is different, and the later version should be easier to keep updated as GTK changes. The later version is also much smaller.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: EuGTK - Irv or Michael?

The EuGTK library by M.Sabal works with 3.1 but does not work at all with Eu 4.0 and Windows (I only can test with VISTA). I have done some changes to run the library and demos. But I do not know if they would still work with Linux. If there is interest I can upload a zip file to RDS or send it to anyone who would like to play with it.

The new EuGTK for Eu 4.0 does not work at all with Windows. Using GTK alone as the library name is not sufficient and I think there are some more errors.

Irv, I cannot reach your homepage and do not know your e-mail address. I would like to send you my changes / suggestions.

Roland

4. Re: EuGTK - Irv or Michael?

Roland: send to irvm at ellijay dot com

I haven't tried to use the new version with Windows, and don't plan to do so, because we have outlawed Windows here. Between the rampant viruses, hijack attempts, and updates which crash the system, we just had to give up. Got tired of trying to salvage work, rebuild computers all the time.

5. Re: EuGTK - Irv or Michael?

Hi Irv,

did you get my message? I sent an email to the specified address on Saturday and did not get a notification that it was rejected / not delivered. Hopefully it did pass your spam filter.

Roland

6. Re: EuGTK - Irv or Michael?

Hi: yes, I got the message, thanks. I'll have free time in a week or so to go thru your suggestions.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu