1. Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Greetings; Windows XP sp2 I am Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help . I am used to Gui IDE , so I would like to start with Judith Evans IDE. Please; Which version of Eu should I install. Btw: How do I tell which version I have? And what's the latest version of Judith's IDE? Are there some snapshots of J'sIDE? Thanks in advance! ...Vernon

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

vmars said...

Greetings; Windows XP sp2 I am Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help . I am used to Gui IDE , so I would like to start with Judith Evans IDE. Please; Which version of Eu should I install. Btw: How do I tell which version I have? And what's the latest version of Judith's IDE? Are there some snapshots of J'sIDE? Thanks in advance! ...Vernon

Well since your new to Euphoria, just download Euphoria 3. Also, Judith Evans IDE should be the most recent version when you download from the archive. So just download it from the archive, you'll also need the win32lib as well. Just download that from the archive and it should also be the most recent version.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Hmm,

Euphoria still needs an install package to install (imho)

1. core files 2. win32lib files 3. IDE

I'll play.

Chris

4. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Thanks you! 1) Yes, I installed [Euphoria-win32lib_0_70_4a-zip] and [JudithEvans-EuVid-IDE1-0-4-zip] , but when I try to run ide.exw or Editor.exw I get the following error: C:Euphoria\IDE\IDE.exw:21 Can't find win32lib.ew or include Win32Lib.ew^

My Environmental Variables are: EUDIR C:\EUPHORIA PATH C:\EUPHORIA\BIN;

Please; how to I let IDE know where win32lib.ew live?

2) Also, I would like to install wxEuphoria, but it looks like a long difficult process. Is there an automated way?

Thanks!

5. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

vmars said...

Thanks you! 1) Yes, I installed [Euphoria-win32lib_0_70_4a-zip] and [JudithEvans-EuVid-IDE1-0-4-zip] , but when I try to run ide.exw or Editor.exw I get the following error: C:Euphoria\IDE\IDE.exw:21 Can't find win32lib.ew or include Win32Lib.ew^

Please; how to I let IDE know where win32lib.ew live?

2) Also, I would like to install wxEuphoria, but it looks like a long difficult process. Is there an automated way?

Thanks!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I first installed [Euphoria v3.1.1setup.exe], then Euphoria-win32lib_0_70_4a-zip] and then [JudithEvans-EuVid-IDE1-0-4-zip]. Thanks!

6. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

vmars said...

We need to know where you installed win32lib. Assuming that you installed to C:\euphoria\win32lib, EUDIR should be:

EUDIR C:\euphoria;C:\euphoria\win32lib\include 

vmars said...

Unfortunately, the automated install doesn't work the way I put together the release. Sorry about that. But it's actually not too difficult. Assuming you're using Windows, download the windows binary edition. Then you'll need to copy a few files:

libwxeu.dll         => C:\euphoria\bin\ 
   wxmsw28u_wat_eu.dll => c:\euphoria\bin\ 
   wxeud.e             => C:\euphoria\include\ 
Note that wxeud.e can go anywhere else referenced by your EUINC variable (it's usually discouraged to put other stuff into the standard include directory).

Then, if you get the source file, you can run the demos.

Matt

7. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

wxeud.e Please; Where can I download 'wxeud.e'? I can't find it on my system? Thanks!

8. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

vmars said...

wxeud.e Please; Where can I download 'wxeud.e'? I can't find it on my system? Thanks!

Try here (just the file) or here (the zipped windows bin release).

Matt

9. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Thanks! I put wxeud.e where it belongs. But now; I am getting a similar msg for w32Keys.e . I tried searching sourceForge for w32Keys.e, but can't find. Please, where can I find w32Keys.e ? Also, how could I find it searching? Thanks!

10. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

vmars said...

Thanks! I put wxeud.e where it belongs. But now; I am getting a similar msg for w32Keys.e . I tried searching sourceForge for w32Keys.e, but can't find. Please, where can I find w32Keys.e ? Also, how could I find it searching?

That's part of Win32Lib. How did you install Win32Lib? I believe the directory structure is:

win32lib\ 
         Demo\ 
         DemoResources\ 
         Docs\ 
         Include\ 
You should have win32lib\Include added to your EUINC variable. If (by chance) you simply moved Win32Lib.ew from the win32lib\include directory to somewhere else (%EUDIR%\include, perhaps), then that would explain what you're reporting.

Win32Lib is actually made up of many files, and provides a lot of functionality coded in Euphoria. wxEuphoria has only a single euphoria file, since it is only a very thin wrapper around the wxWidgets library, which is actually coded in C.

Matt

11. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Yes, I did find the "can't find" modules in C:\EUPHORIA\win32lib\include

I am trying to run IDE.exw or Editor.exw : Here is the entire console output::

C:\Euphoria\ide\ide.exw:21 can't find win32lib.ew in C:\Euphoria\IDE\ or in C:\Euphoria\IDE or in or in C:\EUPHORIA\win32lib\include; C:\EUPHORIA\include; C:\EUPHORIA\IDE\includes; C:\EUPHORIA\wxEuphoria\include; C:\EUPHORIA\wxide\Bin

And this is what I have coded into EUDIR and PATH::

EUDIR C:\EUPHORIA\win32lib\include; C:\EUPHORIA\include; C:\EUPHORIA\IDE\includes; C:\EUPHORIA\wxEuphoria\include; C:\EUPHORIA\wxide\Bin

PATH C:\EUPHORIA\BIN; C:\EUPHORIA\win32lib\include; C:\EUPHORIA\include; C:\EUPHORIA\IDE\includes; C:\EUPHORIA\wxEuphoria\include; C:\EUPHORIA\wxide\Bin

Most of the files it is looking for are in C:\EUPHORIA\win32lib\include but IDE can't find. If I put each file that IDE can't find, into C:\EUPHORIA\IDE\ then IDE can find them.

Seems like the pgm that tries to link stuff isn't working, or missing. I am running out of positive energy. Thanks!

12. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Hi

I've created a setup which installs a clean euphoria, win32lib and IDE, and sets up the environment variables, and doesn't require a reboot. Also has an uninstall option. However, its 5 megs. Will RDS accept it?

Chris

13. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

ChrisB said...

I've created a setup which installs a clean euphoria, win32lib and IDE, and sets up the environment variables, and doesn't require a reboot. Also has an uninstall option. However, its 5 megs. Will RDS accept it?

Chris (and Rob), I'll host it (at UsingEuphoria.com) if RDS won't.

14. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Hi

By all means, I've also put it on http://www.box.net/shared/u18aiv9xln

15. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

ChrisB said...

Hi

We should put it up on SourceForge, and let RDS link to that. Chris, it looks like you have permission to make releases. The easiest way to do this is with ReleaseForge, which gives a nice GUI, and hides the messiness of the SF file release system from you.

If you're on Linux, it might be in your package manager, BTWit is for Ubuntu 8.10, at least. He offers an all inclusive installer for Windows, so you don't need to have Python or anything else installed.

Matt

16. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Hey, thats downright wonderful ! Thanks so very much! Worked the first time.

I would also like to install wxEuphoria . Where would you recommend I should place it ? C:\euphoria ? Thanks!

17. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

mattlewis said...
ChrisB said...

Hi

We should put it up on SourceForge, and let RDS link to that. Chris, it looks like you have permission to make releases. The easiest way to do this is with ReleaseForge, which gives a nice GUI, and hides the messiness of the SF file release system from you.

If you're on Linux, it might be in your package manager, BTWit is for Ubuntu 8.10, at least. He offers an all inclusive installer for Windows, so you don't need to have Python or anything else installed.

Matt

Yes, RDS will link to it. No problem.

Rob

18. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

vmars said...

Hey, thats downright wonderful ! Thanks so very much! Worked the first time.

I would also like to install wxEuphoria . Where would you recommend I should place it ? C:\euphoria ? Thanks!

Hmm, I could do install package add-ons for things like wx euphoria - ok with you Matt? Again I'll play.

Sourceforge makes me shudder, but I'll play with that too. Put the core and the add-ons in one project. Have to differentiate from the other euphoria projects though - any name suggestions?

In the meantime, you need to put (AFAIK) in c:\euphoria\wxeu, and create the environment variables yourself.

As some background, I'm using Create Install Free as the install program, and setenv.exe to set the environment variables - both dead easy to use. And free.

Chris

19. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

ChrisB said...

Hmm, I could do install package add-ons for things like wx euphoria - ok with you Matt? Again I'll play.

Absolutely. I'll put it up on SF if you make it.

ChrisB said...

Sourceforge makes me shudder, but I'll play with that too. Put the core and the add-ons in one project. Have to differentiate from the other euphoria projects though - any name suggestions?

I put your installer up on SourceForge:

Eu3.1-Win32Setup.exe

Matt

20. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

mattlewis said...
ChrisB said...

Absolutely. I'll put it up on SF if you make it.

ChrisB said...

I put your installer up on SourceForge:

Eu3.1-Win32Setup.exe

Matt

I added a link to the installer on the RDS downloads page.

Rob

21. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Ok, I've also done a wxeuphoria install - I did try the IDE too, but it crashed out when I tried to run an empty form so it isn't included.

The address is

http://www.box.net/shared/8g6hkd7u83

this has to be installed on top of the core setup, again it sets up the environment variables, and no rebooting required.

Chris

22. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

ChrisB said...

Ok, I've also done a wxeuphoria install - I did try the IDE too, but it crashed out when I tried to run an empty form so it isn't included.

The address is

http://www.box.net/shared/8g6hkd7u83

this has to be installed on top of the core setup, again it sets up the environment variables, and no rebooting required.

Chris

Crashed: Yes, docs say wxide.exe must be run with Euphoria 4.0.

Anyways, I got IDE104 up and running. Thanks! Next I hope to add wsEuphoria to IDE104. Is that possible? Thanks!

23. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Yes, I was hoping the exe would work for 3.1 though

Chris

24. Re: Coming from Delphi to Euphoria , need setup help

Awesome:
I downloaded your http://www.box.net/shared/8g6hkd7u83
and installed it.
Then installed wxIDE here:
C:Euphoria\wxEuphoria\wxIDE
also put wxWidgets-2.8.9 here: