1. Printer Fonts

I use Win32Lib to print documents in Windows XP SP3. I can select the usual font variants like underline & bold, but how can I select "outline"? Or the other variations like superscript & subscript - though those can be done by changing font size & text position. Outline can't. Any information?

Andy Drummond

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Printer Fonts

You'd probably have to manually draw a box around the text as you draw it on the Printer. If you use DrawText, you can take the rectangle it uses and pass it to drawRectangle. I'm just thinking out loud though, I haven't actually tested this...

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Printer Fonts

AndyDrummond said...

I use Win32Lib to print documents in Windows XP SP3. I can select the usual font variants like underline & bold, but how can I select "outline"? Or the other variations like superscript & subscript - though those can be done by changing font size & text position. Outline can't. Any information?

Andy Drummond

If you mean text that is "hollow", then you'd probably have to download a FONT of that type so you could select it to use.

Dan

4. Re: Printer Fonts

AndyDrummond said...

Had a quick look at the Windows SDK and it seems that you need to use the GetGlyphOutline() API to get a bitmap of the font character's outline. Presumably you can then print this bitmap.

I suggest you consult the Windows websitre for more details.

GetGlyphOutline

5. Re: Printer Fonts

Well, thank you Derek, but I suspect that if it is not a straightforward task then I won't do it. Some things are easy, some clearly are difficult. unless the requirement becomes a *must* then I shall retreat and just look for a ready-made font.

Andy

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu