1. Bug on IDE? Open module file

I execute IDE interpreted from source (not compiled)

When I try to open a module of the program I'm working on, the code editor is unable to open the file.

The error window:

Msg 35 Can not read C:\euphoria\ide
mymodule.e

Note double back-slash and that the showed path is the path of IDE files, not the path to mymodule.e

IDE 1.0.4 Win32lib 0.40.4a

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Bug on IDE? Open module file

(just improving the message format)

achury said...

I execute IDE interpreted from source (not compiled)

When I try to open a module of the program I'm working on, the code editor is unable to open the file.

The error window:

Msg 35 
Can not read C:\euphoria\ide\\mymodule.e 
Note: double back-slash and that the showed path is the path of IDE files, not the path to mymodule.e

IDE 1.0.4 Win32lib 0.40.4a

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Bug on IDE? Open module file

To open a file in Code Editor, you can click Module File and click Open and select the file you wish to edit. The file must have a path or IDE will assume IDE's path.

If you added the file to your project via Manage Include Statements you can click on the file name under Modules in the Project View TreeView and it will open in Code Editor even if you removed the path while in Manage Include Statements.

Which method did you use?

4. Re: Bug on IDE? Open module file

I'm not the original author of the program, I open prj project and the file appear listed on module tree. As I get error open it from there, I use select Open File and select it on the usual open file dialog and don't worked. The file is in the same path as prj and all program files.

The program runs OK with F5, but must to edit modules using external editor, only event procedures appear to be available from IDE, may be I have a corrupt install?

5. Re: Bug on IDE? Open module file

Overnight I remembered a problem with filename path that was corrected in v1.0.4. I could not correct the path for existing projects however.

You may need to carefully edit the project file. You should find entries for the filename and entries for the path.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu