1. Forum: do new posts without replies NOT show up in threadview?

right now, in "Subject" view, I see "Logging in with Opera" as a recent post, but I don't see it at all in the "Thread" view. Is this because only posts which have replies are considered "threads"?

Dan M.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Forum: do new posts without replies NOT show up in threadview?

DanM said...

right now, in "Subject" view, I see "Logging in with Opera" as a recent post, but I don't see it at all in the "Thread" view. Is this because only posts which have replies are considered "threads"?

No, it's working as programmed but I wonder if it needs some different logic. What has happened was the titled of the "win32lib0704 - error accessing euphoria program via VNC" thread changed mid thread. See this page:

http://openeuphoria.org/EUforum/index.cgi?module=forum&action=flat&id=101184#unread

You will see the subject change. The person choose to change the subject.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Forum: do new posts without replies NOT show up in threadview?

jeremy said...
DanM said...

No, it's working as programmed but I wonder if it needs some different logic. What has happened was the titled of the "win32lib0704 - error accessing euphoria program via VNC" thread changed mid thread. See this page:

http://openeuphoria.org/EUforum/index.cgi?module=forum&action=flat&id=101184#unread

You will see the subject change. The person choose to change the subject.

Jeremy

Ah, sorry 'bout that, I should have thought of that, I've seen that exact thing happen here before. Does seem there should be some way to catch that, but I can't think of any (doesn't mean you can't! smile ) Being able to ADD onto a thread subject is useful, maybe not allow CHANGING the whole subject?

Dan M.

4. Re: Forum: do new posts without replies NOT show up in threadview?

jeremy said...

No, it's working as programmed but I wonder if it needs some different logic. What has happened was the titled of the "win32lib0704 - error accessing euphoria program via VNC" thread changed mid thread.

Threads should be identified by an ID (which is probably the first post in the topic), so that it doesn't matter what title or subject a reply takes, it is still filed under that ID.

5. Re: Forum: do new posts without replies NOT show up in threadview?

euphoric said...
jeremy said...

No, it's working as programmed but I wonder if it needs some different logic. What has happened was the titled of the "win32lib0704 - error accessing euphoria program via VNC" thread changed mid thread.

Threads should be identified by an ID (which is probably the first post in the topic), so that it doesn't matter what title or subject a reply takes, it is still filed under that ID.

That is how it works. He was referring to the Message View. Someone posted a brand new message titled "ABC's of Euphoria", then several followups were made. One of the follow ups changed the subject from "Re: ABC's of Euphoria" to "Re: 123's of Euphoria"... So, in the Subject List, "Re: 123's of Euphoria" appeared, but when you go to the Thread view, only the top subject of "ABC's of Euphoria" appeared, confusing people.

btw... Those subjects are made up just for example.

When you reply to a message, it stays with the thread, regardless of subject. The threading actually has everything to do with internal id and nothing to do with subject.

Jeremy

6. Re: Forum: do new posts without replies NOT show up in threadview?

jeremy said...
euphoric said...

That is how it works.

I figured, but I just wanted to make sure. smile

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu