1. Forum comments

Just a quick note to explain one or two things that are happening to me at the moment:

1) If I don't log in for a while, I appear to be logged in, but it displays "Welcome, .", rather than "Welcome, Mike777." in the upper right hand corner. If I log out and log back in, it returns to "Welcome, Mike777."

2) The header of the message no longer displays the author. It says, for example, "by on" rather than "by DerekParnell on".

Mike

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Forum comments

Oops. The only person whose name is not displaying is Jeremy.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Forum comments

Mike777 said...

Ok, for testing, I logged out and logged back in again. Does my name appear now?

Jeremy

4. Re: Forum comments

jeremy said...
Mike777 said...

Ok, for testing, I logged out and logged back in again. Does my name appear now?

Yes. That gives us somewhere to look. Thanks for the bug report. I think the two problems are related. Also another bug report (so others know we are aware) is after a period of time it seems the "Read Messages" randomly (I know there is order to it) become new again getlost

Jeremy

5. Re: Forum comments

jeremy said...
Mike777 said...

Jeremy

Yup.

I figured out that if I navigate to the forum with "www", it gives me "Welcome, .", but if I eliminate the www it gives me "Welcome, Mike777."

Mike

6. Re: Forum comments

said...
jeremy said...
Mike777 said...

Jeremy

Yup.

I figured out that if I navigate to the forum with "www", it gives me "Welcome, .", but if I eliminate the www it gives me "Welcome, Mike777."

Mike

That would be due to how the domain names are stored when the cookie is created in your web browser. I will need to fix that as well, and ensure that cookies are set for both www.openeuphoria.org as well as openeuphoria.org.

7. Re: Forum comments

eumario said...

That would be due to how the domain names are stored when the cookie is created in your web browser. I will need to fix that as well, and ensure that cookies are set for both www.openeuphoria.org as well as openeuphoria.org.

If you would just add this to .htaccess, it would work fine:

RewriteEngine on 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^openeuphoria.com [NC] 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.openeuphoria.com/$1 [L,R=301] 

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu