1. MonthCalendar win32lib control

Hi,

I'm hoping for some help. I'd like to turn off the "today circle" in the MonthCalendar display. I've found some Microsoft documentation that suggests that this might be optional as of v4.7 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb760919(VS.85).aspx refers to control style MCS_NOTODAYCIRCLE). I've not found any reference to this in the win32lib documentation. Is it possible for me to turn off the today circle? I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Cheers, Mark

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: MonthCalendar win32lib control

Mark Young said...

Hi,

I'm hoping for some help. I'd like to turn off the "today circle" in the MonthCalendar display. I've found some Microsoft documentation that suggests that this might be optional as of v4.7 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb760919(VS.85).aspx refers to control style MCS_NOTODAYCIRCLE). I've not found any reference to this in the win32lib documentation. Is it possible for me to turn off the today circle? I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Cheers, Mark

Did you check the win32lib wiki at euwiki.ayo.biz? I know, there are two euwiki's... There is a direct link in the front matter for the documentation of 0.70.4a.

At any rate, you can simply define

constant MCS_NOTODAYCIRCLE = 8 

and add this to the style flags at creation time. And play around with addStyle(), removeStyle() or controlStyle() to see whether the setting can be toggled on the fly. I'd expect so.If nothing moves, repainting may help.

The flag is not referenced because the constant list has been minimal by design. If no one asked for it and it is not ground basic, it is not defined there. Will add on next release. The complete set of Windows constants is dauntingly large.

CChris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: MonthCalendar win32lib control

Thanks very much Chris. That has worked a treat. I didn't know about the wiki, but I've signed up now.

Cheers, Mark

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu