1. Interesting, I think

So far, I've got most of EuGTK working with the new 4.0 version of Euphoria. Previously, it was > 20,000 lines of code, now < 5,000.

I guess there are some benefits to having new features, eh?

Oh, yeah, it runs faster, too.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Interesting, I think

irv said...

So far, I've got most of EuGTK working with the new 4.0 version of Euphoria. Previously, it was > 20,000 lines of code, now < 5,000.

Awesome! Thanks for that report, Irv.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Interesting, I think

irv said...

This is tremendous news! That's a drastic cut in the amount of code necessary. You dropped 3/4 of your code. That means, new apps in Eu 4.0 will require a lot less work. And, as you said, things are running faster. One of the good things about the standard library is the routines are peer reviewed. Many routines that came from the archive and other's personal routine libraries were optimized because they are now in the public eye.

Jeremy

4. Re: Interesting, I think

Jeremy Cowgar said...

This is tremendous news! That's a drastic cut in the amount of code necessary. You dropped 3/4 of your code. That means, new apps in Eu 4.0 will require a lot less work. ...

I think the benefit came from two areas - having more flexibility, like being able to call the same routine with varying # of params, which eliminated a lot of 'work-arounds', and some of the new features which made it possible to 'rethink' the design for more efficiency.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu