1. Forum comments

Jeremy, I don't know if you are finished with the Forum, yet, or not (other than the effects of usernames, which I know aren't yet in place), but as I sit right now:

1) I still find the name "Subject List" for the "Reverse Chronological Message List" to be very confusing. I just don't see much difference between "Subject List" and "Thread List".

2) When I read a message or two having initially viewed what is currently entitled "Subject List" and then I click on "Message View" I am returned so the "Thread List", rather than the "Subject List". Is it possible to return to the list that was used to access the individual message(s) in the first place? I recognize that it isn't as simple as going "back" because I might click on the 7th oldest message, read it, then click "Newer", "Newer" again and "Newer" yet a third time, now reading the 4th oldest message. If I click on "Message List" at that point I would expect to return to the "Subject List" and have it indicate that only the top 3 items (assuming no new items have been posted) remain unread.

BTW, thanks for fixing the Subject List so that page two remains in the same format, rather than returning to Thread List.

Mike

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Forum comments

Mike777 said...

Jeremy, I don't know if you are finished with the Forum, yet, or not (other than the effects of usernames, which I know aren't yet in place), but as I sit right now:

1) I still find the name "Subject List" for the "Reverse Chronological Message List" to be very confusing. I just don't see much difference between "Subject List" and "Thread List".

2) When I read a message or two having initially viewed what is currently entitled "Subject List" and then I click on "Message View" I am returned so the "Thread List", rather than the "Subject List".

Mike, no, there is quite a bit that will be done still. The above two items are on the list. Sorry for how long it's taking to get everything up to a functional state.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Forum comments

Jeremy Cowgar said...
Mike777 said...

2) When I read a message or two having initially viewed what is currently entitled "Subject List" and then I click on "Message View" I am returned so the "Thread List", rather than the "Subject List".

Mike, no, there is quite a bit that will be done still. The above two items are on the list. Sorry for how long it's taking to get everything up to a functional state.

Jeremy

Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure you had current feedback.

MIke

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu