1. Basic RSS Feed

There is now a basic RSS feed, however, it's not totally valid. Since I am not tracking email addresses yet, the author tag is invalid (by RSS validators, it did work in any RSS program I tried).

http://openeuphoria.org/EUforum/index.cgi?module=forum&action=rss

Jeremy

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Basic RSS Feed

Jeremy Cowgar said...

There is now a basic RSS feed, however, it's not totally valid. Since I am not tracking email addresses yet, the author tag is invalid (by RSS validators, it did work in any RSS program I tried).

Jeremy

Excellent.

It works for me in Thunderbird. (I left the "Show the article summary ..." box unchecked).

I'll insert the new RSS link into the RDS EUforum description page.

Rob

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Basic RSS Feed

Great! Just testing

4. Re: Basic RSS Feed

Works fine for me under OpenSUSE using Firefox 3.0 livebookmarks.

5. Re: Basic RSS Feed

Kenneth Rhodes said...

Works fine for me under OpenSUSE using Firefox 3.0 livebookmarks.

And under Liferea (Parsix)

6. Re: Basic RSS Feed

Well, it worked for a while... now I'm getting a "live bookmark failed to load" message at the top of my Firefox live book mark listing. The last RSS feed listed was the first "re: OSX platform code". IIRC something in the subject feel would cause this in Rob's feeds.

7. Re: Basic RSS Feed

Kenneth Rhodes said...

Well, it worked for a while... now I'm getting a "live bookmark failed to load" message at the top of my Firefox live book mark listing. The last RSS feed listed was the first "re: OSX platform code". IIRC something in the subject feel would cause this in Rob's feeds.

I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error from the link.

Gary

8. Re: Basic RSS Feed

Gary Shingles said...

I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error from the link.

This is functioning again. I also added a link to the RSS feed in the footer as well as in the head section of the HTML so that RSS aware browsers will automatically detect the feed.

Are there any RSS guru's? I am having problems formatting the message content as to deliver the actual message body with the RSS feed. Please let me know if you wish to take a peek at the code and offer suggestions.

Jeremy

9. Re: Basic RSS Feed

Jeremy Cowgar said...

Ok, it now includes the body of the message too, however, it's not formatted very well with out the CSS. I have also cleaned up many validation errors. 1 remains and that is the <author> tag is not a valid email address because I am not yet tracking it.

Jeremy

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu