1. Forum: Threads messing up: showing wrong thread?

If I click on the "Threads" icon for: "Use of {{{ in messages",
what I get is the thread about illuminating/platforms, with the actual intended thread's messages tacked onto the end.

Dan

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Forum: Threads messing up: showing wrong thread?

Dan M. said...

From the Message List, if I click on the "Threads" icon for the post titled:
"Use of {{{ in messages",
what I get is the thread about An illuminating experiment using platform()., with the actual intended thread's messages tacked onto the end.

Dan

Oh, wait, now I think it is NOT a forum bug; I think maybe Derek posted a response from within the thread about "illuminating experiment/platform", but changed the title for his post to "Use of {{{ in messages", and THAT'S why the thread view of his post is behaving in what looks like a buggy way.

I guess this is a problem with allowing a post title to be changed, though in general it seems like a good way to allow "sub-threads".

Sorry 'bout that, I didn't realize what was going on until I looked more carefully at the posts before his showing in the thread as presented.

Dan

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Forum: Threads messing up: showing wrong thread?

Dan M. said...

Oh, wait, now I think it is NOT a forum bug; I think maybe Derek posted a response from within the thread about "illuminating experiment/platform", but changed the title for his post to "Use of {{{ in messages"

Nope, I didn't do that.

4. Re: Forum: Threads messing up: showing wrong thread?

Derek Parnell said...
Dan M. said...

Oh, wait, now I think it is NOT a forum bug; I think maybe Derek posted a response from within the thread about "illuminating experiment/platform", but changed the title for his post to "Use of {{{ in messages"

Nope, I didn't do that.

Oh, sorry. Here's why I thought that was the most reasonable explanation: when I look at the actual thread,
"An illuminating experiment using platform()",
what I see at the very bottom are two posts, the first by you, but with the title:
"Use of {{{ in messages",
and the first, yours, quoted Unkmar from the "illuminating" thread, and explained using {{{ in messages. So if you didn't change the post title, then maybe it is in fact a forum bug??

I know it's not very important, it just confused me when I first clicked on the "Threads" icon for the "Use of..." post, and got "an Illuminating.." thread instead. I also didn't realize that it was, if I gave it some time, going down through that "Illuminating" thread to get to the actual post "Use of...", as it's designed to do (which is a VERY nice feature!).

Dan

5. Re: Forum: Threads messing up: showing wrong thread?

Derek Parnell said...
Dan M. said...

Nope, I didn't do that.

For the record, how did you create that post?

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu