1. Forum: Threads: return to starting point?

Jeremy,

I wonder if you're able to make the forums thread view button, "Return to Message List", not jump to page 1 in the message list, but rather to the same page that the reader entered the thread stream from?

That way if someone hadn't been following posts daily, and went back page by page until the last post they'd read, when they read that full thread and clicked RTML, they'd automatically be returned to the page they started at, with any other not-yet-read posts/threads.

I guess you could have a "Next Unread Thread" button in the Thread view, too, but I think it would still be useful to be able to return to the Message List at the page you started from.

It might also be useful to have a button at the Message List, for "Oldest Unread Post", if that's doable?

Dan

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Forum: Threads: return to starting point?

Dan M. said...

I wonder if you're able to make the forums thread view button, "Return to Message List", not jump to page 1 in the message list, but rather to the same page that the reader entered the thread stream from?

Yes, this is waiting on user sessions. eumario is working on session support now. Once user accounts function, it will remember what message you last read and it will be able to start you off at that location in the list.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Forum: Threads: return to starting point?

Jeremy Cowgar said...
Dan M. said...

Yes, this is waiting on user sessions. eumario is working on session support now. Once user accounts function, it will remember what message you last read and it will be able to start you off at that location in the list.

Jeremy

Fantastic!

Dan

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu