1. win32lib ide not creating exe file

Judy, the win32lib ide is not creating an exe file when binding a program. If I copy the command that is generated on the bind options window into Start|Run, it works. If I just bind the file from the bind options window, it will say binding completed, however, the exe does not show up.

This is a new computer that has not run Euphoria before. It is set up identically to the old computer, including the environment variables. I have tried this on the last 3 or 4 versions of the IDE, so it isn't a version issue.

I inserted w32VOID = message_box(sprintf("This is the line:[%s]",{bindingOptions}),"",0) before the line system( bindingOptions, 2 ), and it returned the entire command from the bind options window that tells where the exe should go. This is how I proved that the Start|Run was working.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike777

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: win32lib ide not creating exe file

Mike, what version of Euphoria are you using?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: win32lib ide not creating exe file

The same one I've been using since last December=> 3.1.1

4. Re: win32lib ide not creating exe file

With Eu 3.1.1 and IDE I saved a new project and attempted to bind it. The process takes almost 30 seconds on my machine. The exe was placed in the same folder as the exw.

If you can't locate the exe, or you don't think it was made, get with me via e-mail and we will work this out.

5. Re: win32lib ide not creating exe file

Figured it out. It was my fault. I had set the proper environment variables, but I hadn't set the proper path. By adding c:\euphoria\BIN to my path on the "new" machine, everything works just fine. Yes, c:\euphoria\BIN was in the path of the "old" machine and I just didn't put it into the new machine, like I should have.

Sorry.

Mike777

6. Re: win32lib ide not creating exe file

Mike777 said...

Sorry.

Mike777

You don't need to be sorry, these things happen; it is hard to remember everything. I'm simply glad you found the problem smile

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu