1. topica posts

Apparently, there are no emails going through topica because it was moderated by the old EUforum.

That script is currently not running. So it is not possible to use the topica EUforum.

Is that integration going to be added back, or will topica be abandoned for good?

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: topica posts

eubotmar2 said...

Apparently, there are no emails going through topica because it was moderated by the old EUforum.

That script is currently not running. So it is not possible to use the topica EUforum.

Is that integration going to be added back, or will topica be abandoned for good?

I think we should keep it up? It has served as a backup, if nothing else.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: topica posts

eubotmar2 said...

Topica has adware, and there were worse rumors. On that basis, I'd say grab the opportunity and drop it.

However, it was useful for one specific purpose. Messages that were more than a few weeks old could not be seen as individual pages on EuForum, and refining the search for a given post to appear alone on the result page could be tricky. Going thru Topica is simpler because you can provide a link to a single old message, which makes sense for maintenance questions, for instance.

So I'd be less drastic and say: when we have a search system where any post can be viewed and referenced individually, then drop Topica fast. But wait till then.

CChris Just for fun: is Tiggr able to handle the anti spam questions?

4. Re: topica posts

Jeremy Cowgar said...
eubotmar2 said...

I think we should keep it up? It has served as a backup, if nothing else.

there was more than a few dozen signed up to send/receive through email. the rss xml_full link was another good option for reading.

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu