1. What happen?

Jeremy, did you break this forum now, too? getlost

-Greg

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: What happen?

Greg Haberek said...

The weird messages? They were XSS hack attempts that failed. Yay!

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: What happen?

Jeremy Cowgar said...
Greg Haberek said...

The weird messages? They were XSS hack attempts that failed. Yay!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

I actually saw the directory listing about half an hour ago. You should check the logs to see if anything sensitive was accessed (ie around the p's).

Cheers Gary

PS Well done with the forums.

4. Re: What happen?

Gary Shingles said...

I actually saw the directory listing about half an hour ago. You should check the logs to see if anything sensitive was accessed (ie around the p's).

Ok. Yes. There is nothing sensitive in there. It's all publically accessable. I took the forum offline in for a very short period of time due to a possible security problem. Someone being able to inject an HTML altert box into a message. The problem was taken care of and the forum was back online pretty quick. I took it off before we had a problem, just since we have been experiencing so much hacker activity here in the last few days getlost

Gary Shingles said...

PS Well done with the forums.

Thanks!

Jeremy

5. Re: What happen?

Jeremy Cowgar said...

Ok. Yes. There is nothing sensitive in there. It's all publically accessable. I took the forum offline in for a very short period of time due to a possible security problem. Someone being able to inject an HTML altert box into a message. The problem was taken care of and the forum was back online pretty quick. I took it off before we had a problem, just since we have been experiencing so much hacker activity here in the last few days getlost

Yeah secure CGI is a real mine-field, rather you than me smile It's a pity we have to worry about such things.

Great Anti-spam questions BTW, let a script figure those out! smile

Um, as far as the Author Name, how about setting and getting it as a cookie for now?

Gary

6. Re: What happen?

Last times I only check the RSS titles, I was surprised abouth euForum without activity!

The temporal forum looks good, and the antispam question is very nice.

Some time ago I made a comment to Rob about the posibility of unautorized execution of a contributed file. But I never supossed there was a real danger...

Marco A. Achury P

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu