1. MySQL; Need for an updated version? (Fabio Ramirez)

Hi,

First off; I'm quite inexperienced using SQL in general, so please have some patience with me! :P

I've downloaded the latest version found in the archives, and I see it's quite old (Jul 20/02).

I'm using MySQL v4.1.22 at my site, and I was just wondering if this is okay to combine these two versions? Are there anything I should be aware of?

PS! I'm just doing general queries to create reports, I'm not gonna update, insert or delete anything.

Kenneth / ZNorQ

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: MySQL; Need for an updated version? (Fabio Ramirez)

The version in the archives should be fine. If you need it (I'm pretty sure it's the same), I have a copy of emysqlib that I'm using with MySQL v.5 on my Linux laptop.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: MySQL; Need for an updated version? (Fabio Ramirez)

Michael Sabal said...

The version in the archives should be fine. If you need it (I'm pretty sure it's the same), I have a copy of emysqlib that I'm using with MySQL v.5 on my Linux laptop.

Hi Michael,

What is emysqlib? Is it platform specific? I'm running WinXP myself..

Kenneth / ZNorQ

4. Re: MySQL; Need for an updated version? (Fabio Ramirez)

ZNorQ said...
Michael Sabal said...

Hi Michael,

Kenneth / ZNorQ

Oh, forget my stupid question. Doooh!

If you have the same version as I (), I don't see the need for it - unless you've made some improvements of any sorts?

Kenneth / ZNorQ

5. Re: MySQL; Need for an updated version? (Fabio Ramirez)

ZNorQ said...
ZNorQ said...
Michael Sabal said...

Hi Michael,

Kenneth / ZNorQ

If you have the same version as I (), I don't see the need for it - unless you've made some improvements of any sorts?

Kenneth / ZNorQ

Ups, forgot to supply the version; Version 0.18 alpha (Jul. 19 2002)

6. Re: MySQL; Need for an updated version? (Fabio Ramirez)

ZNorQ said...
ZNorQ said...
ZNorQ said...
Michael Sabal said...

Hi Michael,

Kenneth / ZNorQ

Kenneth / ZNorQ

I have version 0.20. I did make a handful of updates related to deprecated functions in MySQL. I wasn't too good about documenting my changes at the time, so I can't really say what I did. If the version you have isn't working, let me know and I can send you my update.

7. Re: MySQL; Need for an updated version? (Fabio Ramirez)

Michael Sabal said...
ZNorQ said...
ZNorQ said...
ZNorQ said...
Michael Sabal said...

Hi Michael,

Kenneth / ZNorQ

Kenneth / ZNorQ

I have version 0.20. I did make a handful of updates related to deprecated functions in MySQL. I wasn't too good about documenting my changes at the time, so I can't really say what I did. If the version you have isn't working, let me know and I can send you my update.

If you don't mind, I'd like to have a go at it anyhow. If you don't want to put it up in the archive, you could email it to me at "znorq (at) holhaug (period) com".

Thanks.

Kenneth / ZNorQ

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu