Re: Installing Phix

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
petelomax said...

In demo\pGUI\pdemo\setup.exw

I meant setup.ew

katsmeow said...

... it did not trigger, so i did not add that line (should i? i mean, since the first sanity check is meant to crash the program, and the second one lets it keep flowing?) ...

Leave it as ?9/0

katsmeow said...

Phix has "goto"!? What a pleasant surprise! I thought you were adamantly against that, Pete! It's like many other code words in a programming language, a coder may not need it for years, but then one day it is really useful in a spot.

Not really. It has a #ilASM {jmp :somelabel} (and the matching #ilASM{ ::somelabel }, with certain restrictions) for use once a decade, but no newbie-friendly-hll-goto-statement. [and no docs]

katsmeow said...

Can you say what the cause of the crash was?

RegQueryValueExA not behaving as documented and/or Microsoft moving things around in the registry. Plus me only being able to test it on the OS versions that I actually have.

katsmeow said...

Found some apps try to include from \win32lib7\ , which doesn't exist. There is a \win32lib6\ so i cheated and simply renamed it. What do you recommend?

I'd recommend renaming it back to win32lib6 and changing all include win32lib7 to include win32lib6. I am not aware of any demos where it will make the slightest difference.
Long term, I hope to get phix.<version>.setup.exe below 10MB and then have demo\pGUI\pdemo\setup.ew offer to download extras such as that win32lib7 (along with any demos that use it).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu