Re: Installing Phix

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...

In demo\pGUI\pdemo\setup.exw, function KeyValue2 line 385, add the sanity check:

There is no \setup.exw there, unknown if that is important or not. There is a \setup.ew, so on a lark i applied your following words to that file instead....

petelomax said...

data_len = peek4u(lpcbData) 
if data_len<=0 then ?9/0 end if 
            lpData = allocate(data_len) 

and in the same function line 403, replace one line with five:

end while 
--              data = peek({lpData,data_len}) 
                if data_len<=0 then 
                    data  = "" 
                else 
                    data = peek({lpData,data_len}) 
                end if 

p pdemo should then at least get a bit further along.

It does! I get a windows gui, containing a directory list box, a run button with a filter text entry box, and a box with the file contents shown.

petelomax said...

Should that first sanity check trigger, try replacing it with

if data_len<0 then data_len = 0 end if 

... it did not trigger, so i did not add that line (should i? i mean, since the first sanity check is meant to crash the program, and the second one lets it keep flowing?) ...

petelomax said...

It may also help to replace the preceding line 399:

--              while 1 do 
                while data_len>0 do 

... but i added that line in a moment of caution. I have not ever gotten this far in a Phix install!

I found a tiny error: In taskwire.exw ,

constant NTASKS = 9 -- number of E's spinning simultaneously. 

it actually spins the letter 'P' !

Phix has "goto"!? What a pleasant surprise! I thought you were adamantly against that, Pete! It's like many other code words in a programming language, a coder may not need it for years, but then one day it is really useful in a spot.

Thanks for your assistance in installing Phix, Pete. I wonder how many people tied to install it, like i did, saw it crashed, but never sought help in Euphorum. Can you say what the cause of the crash was?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu