Re: Project Leviathan - wxEuphoria 3.1.0 alpha1

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...
ghaberek said...

I was also thinking that the initialization function for the library could accept the callback addresses for the internal memory functions and then performs all of its memory activities that way. What are your thoughts on this?

Hmm. That puts me on the spot. It sounds reasonable and I might dare say there should be no real difference between exposing internals and providing externals. However I am slightly concerned it might feel a bit awkward, or worse introduce some low level fiddleiness, especially for any Phix/OpenEuphoria code that you want to compile into a dll/so. My gut feeling says that if it can be done without either, that would be my choice, but I might be missing something.

After pouring through the Euphoria and Phix source code for memory allocation, I think the best method to approach first is the one I described here. It requires the fewest changes to my existing code (not that there's much to change) and still allows wxEuphoria to accept and return Euphoria objects, which really streamlines the code. It's much easier to hand-assemble Euphoria objects in C that it is to allocate memory and build structures by hand in Euphoria. I will try this and report back.

Edit: this seems to be working well enough so far. Even works when translated. pleased

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu