Re: Project Leviathan - wxEuphoria 3.1.0 alpha1

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

Can I use this with Euphoria 3.1.x or 4.0.x?

No. This is not supported. Please do not try to do this. Bad things will happen.

Ditto Phix sad

Just 3 days ago, however, ChrisB enlightened me with the somewhat stunning revelation that euwingui works just fine on Phix by using (a copy of) the standard OpenEuphoria definitions of E_ATOM and E_SEQUENCE, despite the fact that Phix has absolutely no comprehension whatsoever of either, all through the magic of euconvertinc.e/euconvert.dll - it does mean that all parameters and return values are shunted through strings/value(), but it definitely works.

There would doubtlessly be other issues, but I hope it is worth considering a similar mechanism (extended if/as needed with E_INTEGER and E_OBJECT) for this project.

Pete

For reference, this thread covers the original inception of euconvert: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/113569.wc

It has also occurred to me that while this may slow things down, it may also solve some allocate/free issues that you have not yet discovered.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu