Re: RedyCode 1.0.dev preview

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi

I don't disagree with anything you've said there, Ryan has done a fantastic job, and it's a great addition to my eu tool set, and I admit there are many great, and easy , for you and me, to set up and get going.

However, what I was looking forward too was a one click install / setup / ready to go programming environment. What's the install path to setting up a new running euphoria with Redy ready to click and go? Compare that with Blitz or Lazarus to name but two, and it really is install, run the ide, create a program, and click the run button (pretty much anyway). Of course there are other more mainstream languages that are also a pain to set up - bet they would be easier if they were less mainstream.

It sounds like I'm blaming Ryan, I'm really not, but I just feel that this is waht euphoria needs to 'hook' some new people to the language.

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu