Re: Unable to compile Eu programs

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SunPsych08 said...

Actually, what I really want to do is to use the translator to generate C code from my programs, so that I can study it. If I can achieve that without messing about with compilers, I could live with it and continue to bind my programs instead. (Even so, it would still be nice to know how to compile them as well.) I'd appreciate any guidance in this matter also.

Thank you,
Alex

Well, if what you really want to study is how things work at the lowest level, I can suggest an alternative.
Download a copy of Phix (nothing else required) and run "p -d test" - it will generate a list.asm to go with the test.exe. (replace test with an actual program)
However the listing is in low-level assembly rather than C. For study purposes, "p -d -nodiag test" might be easier to digest.
There is also demo\arwendemo\filedumpN.exw which will list every single byte of your test.exe in excruciating detail (modify the fixed path in main() or just use File/Open).

Regards,
Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu