Re: Unable to compile Eu programs

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

Euphoria is written with the expectation that if you can run the 64 bit version of the translator, you have a compiler that can create 64-bit binaries.

Shawn

Admittedly, I'm new at this. I read in the Manual under 6.4.2.1 Notes: that "Currently, only 32-bit compilers are supported on 64-bit platforms", and I took this to mean that I should use the 32-bit version of MinGW, even though I've got a 64-bit machine. In case it makes any difference, I can add that to date I've tried typing at the prompt: C:\...>euc -con hello.ex and C:\...>euc -gcc -con hello.ex, without success.

To get me going, if someone told me what MinGW compiler they use, where they got it from, how they installed it (if any special fiddling was required), and how they make it work for Eu 4.1, I'll happily follow in their footsteps.

Actually, what I really want to do is to use the translator to generate C code from my programs, so that I can study it. If I can achieve that without messing about with compilers, I could live with it and continue to bind my programs instead. (Even so, it would still be nice to know how to compile them as well.) I'd appreciate any guidance in this matter also.

Thank you,
Alex

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu