Re: UI/IDE committee

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Trivial Proposals

The idea is to explore some options before the syntax of iup4eu gets locked into place.

This is an invitation to everyone to invent their own trivial proposals.

About the IUP_ prefix

There is a bunch of constants that get created (by the automated wrapper) that don't do anything--they just clog up the support docs. They are used as arguments to routines so do not properly invade the namespace of programs.

I guess I can make a list and just erase them from the docs. But, why have them clog up the wrapper?

Lazy Lowercase

Thinking like a lazy typist I prefer "multiline=yes" to "MULTILINE=YES". Note that IUP already tolerates "MULTILINE=yes".

We don't really have to follow the standards set by IUP.

IUPname vs IUP:name

We now have:

include iup.e 

IupOpen() 

In the other wrapper, euIUP, names are not prefixed but you need namespace control:

include iup.e as IUP 

IUP:open() 

Thinking like a lazy typist some functions will work without any prefix, a few will need an identifier like g:open(). This saves typing caps and one or two characters!

I understand Greg prefers the prefixes.

Support Docs

Support is now: docs, wiki, forum, and helpful Euphoria members.

This is "New Speak" so we don't use "documentation" which has too many syllables and a unwanted Latinate suffix.

Good idea from ghaberek.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu