Re: UI/IDE committee

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

I have added some "trivial proposals" to iup4eu repository. Just some ideas that may make iup4eu nicer to use.

The automated process (wrapper and eudoc) creates constants like "IUP_MAX," but the argument in a function is "MAX." The prefix "IUP_" does not get used and creates noise in the docs. Can the IUP_ prefix be avoided?

I think it would cause problems, in the long term, if there was a blanket replacement along the lines of

public constant IUP_RUN = "RUN" 

with

public constant RUN = "RUN" 

However the source says:

/* Avoid using these definitions. Use the strings instead. */ 

and I'd be ok with just removing them all (as per "Define __IUPDEF_H to avoid the inclusion of this header"). In that case there should be a note for anyone translating from C to replace IUP_RUN etc with the string literal "RUN".
Then again, just leaving them in as-is and not bothering to mention them (much) in the docs should be fine.

_tom said...

Lowercase Arguments
A line like
IupSetAttribute(txt, "MULTILINE", "YES" )
would be nicer as
IupSetAttribute( txt, "multiline", "yes" )
Just to make typing a bit simpler.

The IUP docs do state that attribute names must be in upper case, but values are case insensitive (just saying).
Just before reading your note I added some "if name!=upper(name) then ?9/0 end if"s but have no real objection to "name = upper(name)".

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu