Re: UI/IDE committee

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

There has been recent discussions about project direction and organization, lofty goals, volunteers, time commitments, and limited scope. These are all valid concerns but they are also very manageable.

Chris's idea in particular about limiting the scope of the project is a good one. But honestly, I disagree with the limitation decision being based solely on OS. Instead, I would like to see the limitations further expanded based on interpreted vs compiled user programs. In particular, I'd like to consider a interpreted solution before a compiled one simultaneously released for Windows 10 64 bit, some other Windows 32 bit, latest Ubuntu 32/64 bit and latest Fedora 64 bit. This is very achievable with IUP from where we are today.

Once the above is solved for process, conventions, automation (packaging and testing), tools, documentation, and tutorials, my opinion is that we should extend the interpreted only solution to the other supported platforms. Afterwards, we can repeat the process for compiled programs.

I can start by providing architecture for the solution at higher level. Then create a road map and milestones for the project. All of which would be supported by tangible tickets. If there are volunteers to work the tickets, I can provide organizational skills needed to see this thing to completion.

-xecronix

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu