Re: Is Euphoria ever going to be newbie-friendly?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I wrote about five paragraphs about this and then realized that perhaps someone who has had access to programming language for over thirty years might have a hard time noticing when something might not be newbie friendly. It might be easier for someone who just started with programming languages two years ago and is now looking at Euphoria.

I got involved because I was a bit of a fan of Euphoria. I don't get any compensation for Euphoria's development. Nothing from the PayPal button goes to me. I must spend my time finding work and that is time consuming yet it pays more than Euphoria.

I agree with everything said here in this thread so far. In general a computing language takes great advantage of and is a victim of network effects. Popular languages get more APIs. Developers need APIs for the language they use to write software. If there are not sufficient APIs to fulfill the need, the language doesn't get used. It doesn't get popular.

S. D. Pringle

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu