Re: Unified libraries to allow porting code to other oses

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...
jimcbrown said...

While I agree with irv that sizers are easier and more hobbist friendly, not all UI libraries support it (notably, w32lib does not).

It's true that, out of the gate, Win32Lib does not support it, but, when I did use Win32Lib, I used Greg's xControls library (there are others) to handle that for me. I concur with Irv on this one: sizers are far more beneficial for UI development. They are both aesthetically and functionally more appealing.

There is no way I'd go back to static sizing/positioning. Are you kidding?!

I hated static positioning in Visual Basic. I would go so far as to argue that static positioning of widgets (controls) is technically incorrect user interface design. The reason is because it cannot correctly handle different fonts sizes or regional settings correctly. Besides that, why should i have to manually position stuff when the computer can do it much faster and more precisely?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu