Re: console display commands

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
DerekParnell said...
katsmeow said...

Two short questions:

How do i underline a char in a text i puts() to the screen? And then un-underline it?
How do i get rid of the default console cursor?

Kat

Sorry Kat, but with the more recent editions of CMD.exe from Microsoft, this is not an easy thing to do any more.

If you are writing an application for your own usage, I suggest you look into a CMD.exe replacement that supports ANSI control codes.

I am thinking a command.com loaded with ansi.sys as a device driver, the old school way. I have not tried it yet. There is an ansi.sys in winxp, but it won't load from the command line in a dos shell like it will in win95b.

DerekParnell said...

If you are writing an application for unknown Windows environments, you might be better to use the Windows API to simulate a 'console' output window. You can have complete control of what happens then.

It was for text entry and text display, attached to an irc client, plugged into the irc.e in the OE pastey. But i don't expect to be back on irc after the last few days. I asked for help making a wingui a year or more ago, that floated like cannon ball. With all the rules and regulations ne1uno told me for any code submitted to OE, while at the same time scrambling the working code to meet the rules, [...]

Kat

not ready to be included as a module. that kind of rule. nobody asked you to meet creole or eudoc regulation or style, despite your insistence than they did.

first thing irc.e does is create a log file and connect to a channel. if editing that to behave properly is wrong, then I don't wana be right.

you need a code butler or advance IDE, not an open source collaborator. you can please stop maligning me now or I will post more details about exactly how I edited irc.e and why. history shows you're not going to like that, so I probably won't in deference to other forum members.

your other question about how to underline, you can create a custom font to do underlines. maybe use unicode.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu