Re: console display commands

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
DerekParnell said...
katsmeow said...

Two short questions:

How do i underline a char in a text i puts() to the screen? And then un-underline it?
How do i get rid of the default console cursor?

Kat

Sorry Kat, but with the more recent editions of CMD.exe from Microsoft, this is not an easy thing to do any more.

If you are writing an application for your own usage, I suggest you look into a CMD.exe replacement that supports ANSI control codes.

I am thinking a command.com loaded with ansi.sys as a device driver, the old school way. I have not tried it yet. There is an ansi.sys in winxp, but it won't load from the command line in a dos shell like it will in win95b.

DerekParnell said...

If you are writing an application for unknown Windows environments, you might be better to use the Windows API to simulate a 'console' output window. You can have complete control of what happens then.

It was for text entry and text display, attached to an irc client, plugged into the irc.e in the OE pastey. But i don't expect to be back on irc after the last few days. I asked for help making a wingui a year or more ago, that floated like cannon ball. With all the rules and regulations ne1uno told me for any code submitted to OE, while at the same time scrambling the working code to meet the rules, the devs will just scramble it some more, it will be unrecogniseable, and as a dos console will be obsolete before i use it, it's just for my own use. I pasteyed it too, it's got a bug or two, what i was thinking was if i eliminated the cursor totally, and edited the input string with the ansi codes with an underline as a faux cursor, i'd be better off. The last working code (test3) is in the comments for the code that won't launch. Tested only on this one puter in my default cmd.exe console.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu