Re: console display commands

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
DerekParnell said...
katsmeow said...

Two short questions:

How do i underline a char in a text i puts() to the screen? And then un-underline it?
How do i get rid of the default console cursor?

Kat

Sorry Kat, but with the more recent editions of CMD.exe from Microsoft, this is not an easy thing to do any more.

If you are writing an application for your own usage, I suggest you look into a CMD.exe replacement that supports ANSI control codes.

If you are writing an application for unknown Windows environments, you might be better to use the Windows API to simulate a 'console' output window. You can have complete control of what happens then.

For Linux environments, you can probably still get ANSI control codes to work for you, but I'm just guessing with that.

That gives me an idea. I could use my oswin.e library from Redy to make a window and just put monowidth text in it, to simulate a console. It could use any monowidth font, bold, italics, and underline, with text and background colors and optional blinking cursor. It could even have clipboard, keyboard, and mouse functionality. Since it would only involve drawing graphics and text to a window, it wouldn't need the gui.e widget system, so it would be an extremely lightweight alternative to the crappy windows text console. Hmm, perhaps i will try this tomorrow.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu