Re: what Euphoria needs

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Well, actually to make anything that looks like it belongs on a computer, you're going to have to use a library.

Windows already has one built in, but it's so hard to use that only Judith was ever able to make it work reasonably well with Euphoria.

Linux usually comes with GTK3 now, or it can be easily gotten, unless you're using an old or minimal distro. Lots of people are doing just that, but if we cater to them, we're not going to have anything to attract people to Euphoria (looks like the 1990's)

I have never successfully gotten wx-anything to work on any of my computers, that's why I decided to go with GTK.

Sorry about losing you because of changes. If you mean the change from Gtk2 to Gtk3, that's because I didn't see any point in working on something that's being discontinued.

If you mean changes due to bug fixes - well, I guess I could never fix 'em. Don't see how that could make anyone happy, however.

edit

After thinking about this, I suppose the reason we don't have a cross-platform GUI for Eu is because most of the programmers are busy writing apps for phones and tablets. Only us old-timers have any interest in boat-anchors. That would explain the lack of activity here.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu