Re: SDL2 Wrapper Not Working Under 4.1.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jerome said...
Icy_Viking said...

My SDL2 Wrapper that I wrote in Euphoria does not seem to work in 4.1.0 beta. I even re-wrote it from scratch and nothing appears to be working. No window pops up or nothing. It seems to run, then exits. I've put in checks, but nothing seems to pop up. It does work under 4.0.5

The SDL2 Wrapper available at rapideuphoria.com works for me with 4.1.0 beta on Windoze and Linux. Both computers are 64bit using the 64bit version of SDL2.

C:\Code\EuSDL2>eui -v 
Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development 
   64-bit Windows, Using System Memory 
   Revision Date: 2014-01-16 02:53:44, Id: 5783:d41527402a7a 

I used this sample program to make sure I could draw to the screen:

include std/machine.e  
include EuSDL2.ew  

if SDL_Init(SDL_INIT_VIDEO) = -1 then  
	puts(1,"Could not init SDL!\n") 
	abort(1)  
end if  

atom win = SDL_CreateWindow("Win",SDL_WINDOWPOS_CENTERED,SDL_WINDOWPOS_CENTERED,640,480,SDL_WINDOW_SHOWN)  
atom ren = SDL_CreateRenderer(win, -1, 0) 

if win = -1 or ren = -1 then  
	puts(1,"Could not create window or renderer!\n")  
	abort(1) 
end if 

atom rect = allocate(16) 
poke4(rect,{100,100,200,100}) 

SDL_RenderClear(ren)	 
SDL_SetRenderDrawColor(ren,255,0,0,0) 
SDL_RenderFillRect(ren, rect) 
SDL_RenderPresent(ren) 

SDL_Delay(5000)  
SDL_DestroyWindow(win)  
SDL_Quit() 

If you post your new version, I can try that one too! Maybe there is an issue with the 32bit SDL2/Eu on a 64bit system?

Thanks,
Ira

Ah, that is interesting. It works while using the 64-bit version of Eu 4.1.0 and SDL2 64-bit. However there seems to be an issue with the 32-bit version. I'll upload what I have re-wrote, and see if anyone can help me with this.

http://www.rapideuphoria.com/uploads/eusdl2.zip - Here's the temporary link for the new version, I re-wrote from scratch. It is all 32-bit.

Ok so I got it to work using 64-bit Euphoria and 64-bit SDL. So there appears to be a comptatbility issue with 32 and 64-bit OS and Euphoria.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu