Re: Let's be honest: Euphoria is dying

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
spikeysnack said...

I also understand that the world's air fleet of jetliners has about 60 million lines of Cobol running at any given time of the day ... remember that as you are 12 km in the air!

True - I used to work for an airline, the aircraft maintenance system was Cobol based. If it was offline, all their aircraft have to be grounded worldwide by IATA rules because you can't prove the aircraft are airworthy. But more on topic - the same airline was using something called ALCS which is mainframe assembler based. Why? Obviously not because its easier to maintain, but because you got the fastest possible transactions (booking system) with the available hardware.
Speed, in execution, development and debugging is still important so I will be using Euphoria for some time to come regardless of updates, as was mentioned earlier.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu