1. wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

Minutia: include the 32 scintilla.so ( in addition to the 64bit scintilla).

Wee runs after that small addition.

_tom

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

_tom said...

Minutia: include the 32 scintilla.so ( in addition to the 64bit scintilla).

Wee runs after that small addition.

_tom

It seems I somehow adopted the notion that LYNX WEE would only run on 64-bit.

Shouldn't this routine automatically include scintilla32.so, if needed? If so all I need to do is correct the erroneous assertions that LNX WEE requires a 54-bit LNX distro.

-- scintilla.e 
sequence dll, send_message 
ifdef WINDOWS then 
  ifdef BITS64 then 
    dll = "scintilla\\SciLexer64.dll" 
  elsedef 
    dll = "scintilla\\SciLexer.dll" 
  end ifdef 
  send_message = "Scintilla_DirectFunction" 
elsedef 
  ifdef OSX then 
    dll = "scintilla/scintillaOSX.dylib" 
  elsifdef BITS64 then 
    dll = "scintilla/scintilla64.so" 
  elsifdef ARM then 
    dll = "scintilla/scintilla32armhf.so" 
  elsedef 
    dll = "scintilla/scintilla32.so" 
  end ifdef 
  send_message = "scintilla_send_message" 
end ifdef 
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

I have learned from Pete that:

• if you use the WEE updater to download the source-code it will only download the correct library file for OS (Win vs Linux) and cpu ( 32-bit vs 64-bit). It does not download unneeded files
  • the WEE zip file at github has all library files included

_tom

4. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

_tom said...

I have learned from Pete that:

• if you use the WEE updater to download the source-code it will only download the correct library file for OS (Win vs Linux) and cpu ( 32-bit vs 64-bit). It does not download unneeded files
  • the WEE zip file at github has all library files included

_tom

OK, thanks for that information. I have downloaded scintilla32.so and will update the version of wee48m with that file ASAP. I should also note in the program description that updater.ex should not be used with wee48m. Indeed I have removed updater.ex from the package. Also, I need to make it clear that wee48m can be used with both 32 and 64 bit Linux, and also note that we48m uses a wee_conf_file specific to wee48m; therefore, it can be installed along side any of Pete's official wee release(s).

Regards, Ken Rhodes

5. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

I have updated WEE 0.48m:

• WEE 0.48m runs on 32 or 64 bit Linux - scintilla32.so and scintilla64.so included in the scintilla folder
  • WEE 0.48m uses a wee_conf_file specific to WEE 0.48m; therefore, it can be installed along with any of Pete's official wee release(s).
  • Stream-lined context sensitive help support. If a *.html help article is not available for a selected word/command then the view_declaration routine is called automatically.
  • Several Gtk and Glade help/support routines written by Irv Mullins are available:
    • F1-Key Context sensitive help for commands containing "Gtk" will reference the related article from the included *.html GTK help documents.
    • Irv's "Starting Glade" tutorial is available from the help menu
    • "Run Glade" option can be selected from the help menu (Glade must be installed via a package manager)

Regards,
Ken Rhodes

6. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

7. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

8. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

I just crashed WEE. I just now downloaded the source, via updater.ex, onto my linux laptop (running xenial.)

I built the app using euc. The version of euc I'm using is as follows:

{{

Euphoria to C Translator v4.1.0 development 64-bit Linux, Using System Memory Revision Date: 2015-02-02 14:18:53, Id: 5861:57179171dbed

}}

I ran the app without specifying a file to load, and then hit the close button at the top right of the editor window. The following occurred:

{{

bugmagnet@bugmagnet-Satellite-L750 /P/WEE> ./wee

Fatal run-time error: bad file number (-92

Fatal run-time error: bad file number (-92

}}

9. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

Also gives the same response with a file loaded.

Bugmagnet

10. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

Hi Bugmagnet,

Is the problem with KDR's 0.48m release or the original WEE, or both? And it doesn't crash in eui? (If it does please send the ex.err)

I'm running yakkety (Ubuntu 16.10) and I get a different error during compilation linking step:

$ euc wee 
Build directory: build-358419/ 
Translating code, pass: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  generating 
Compiling with GCC 
Compiling   1% init-.c 
Compiling   5% wee.c 
Compiling   7% main-.c 
Compiling  10% parser.c 
Compiling  12% filesys.c 
Compiling  15% datetime.c 
Compiling  18% dll.c 
Compiling  20% error.c 
Compiling  23% machine.c 
Compiling  25% memconst.c 
Compiling  28% memory.c 
Compiling  31% types.c 
Compiling  33% get.c 
Compiling  36% io.c 
Compiling  38% text.c 
Compiling  41% convert.c 
Compiling  44% search.c 
Compiling  46% math.c 
Compiling  49% rand.c 
Compiling  51% pretty.c 
Compiling  54% sequence.c 
Compiling  57% sort.c 
Compiling  59% serialize.c 
Compiling  62% scinot.c 
Compiling  64% wildcard.c 
Compiling  67% os.c 
Compiling  70% map.c 
Compiling  72% eumem.c 
Compiling  75% console.c 
Compiling  77% info.c 
Compiling  80% scintilla.c 
Compiling  83% ui_gtk.c 
Compiling  85% regex.c 
Compiling  88% GtkEngine.c 
Compiling  90% GtkEnums.c 
Compiling  93% GtkEvents.c 
Compiling  96% init-0.c 
Compiling  98% init-1.c 
Linking 100% ../wee 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(be_machine.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(be_w.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against undefined symbol `screen_image' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(be_alloc.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(be_pcre.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(be_socket.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(be_runtime.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(be_task.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(be_callc.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(pcre_compile.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(pcre_exec.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against symbol `_pcre_default_tables' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a(pcre_fullinfo.o): relocation R_X86_64_32S against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC 
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output 
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status 
Unable to link /media/Ubuntu-13.10/home/pete/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/wee/wee 
Status: 1 Command: gcc -o /media/Ubuntu-13.10/home/pete/Downloads/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/wee/wee  init-.o wee.o main-.o parser.o filesys.o datetime.o dll.o error.o machine.o memconst.o memory.o types.o get.o io.o text.o convert.o search.o math.o rand.o pretty.o sequence.o sort.o serialize.o scinot.o wildcard.o os.o map.o eumem.o console.o info.o scintilla.o ui_gtk.o regex.o GtkEngine.o GtkEnums.o GtkEvents.o init-0.o init-1.o   /usr/local/euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64/bin/eu.a -m64 -ldl -lm -lpthread 

So I don't know what to suggest at this time.

11. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

Hi Bugmagnet,

I tried it in a fresh Ubuntu 16.04.2 64-bit installation, and it compiles and links just fine. But I am unable to reproduce the error that you saw, both with wee 0.48m and original. Maybe the config file is corrupt somehow, do "rm $HOME/.wee_conf" and try it again.

EDIT: Actually, I can see the problem if I make .wee_conf read-only, so the problem occurs when the file can't be opened for writing.

12. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

I just posted ver .49 to github. Now it will show an error message box if the wee_conf file can't be opened for writing. I assume you would want to be able to save your configuration, so that you're not stuck with the ugly defaults.

13. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

bugmagnet@bugmagnet-Satellite-L750 ~/P/WEE> rm ~/.wee_conf  
rm: remove write-protected regular file '/home/bugmagnet/.wee_conf'? y 

That was the problem. Now working fine from eui. And working fine compiled with euc.

Thank you.

By the way, this little message came up on launch.

bugmagnet@bugmagnet-Satellite-L750 ~/P/WEE> ./wee  

** (wee:4060): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-SDfOFd0gRk: Connection refused 

It doesn't affect the running, but I thought you might be interested.

Kind regards,
Bruce/bugmagnet

14. Re: wee // LNX WEE 0.48m

The warning is coming from the GTK library I think. You can read more about it here and there is a workaround you can try too

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu