1. wxEuphoria Rich text control

I am learning the wxEuphoria package, and am ready to start printing some rich text pages. I was looking through the rich text documentation, but there are no euphoria related demos for this. For instance how would I use the wxRichTextFormattingDialog. What control do I begin with etc. If someone could help me or point in the right direction to start using these controls that would be great. Also I looked at wxWidget docs and they are not very clear either.

Thanks, Mike

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: wxEuphoria Rich text control

mb7001 said...

I am learning the wxEuphoria package, and am ready to start printing some rich text pages. I was looking through the rich text documentation, but there are no euphoria related demos for this. For instance how would I use the wxRichTextFormattingDialog. What control do I begin with etc. If someone could help me or point in the right direction to start using these controls that would be great. Also I looked at wxWidget docs and they are not very clear either.

Thanks, Mike

Here are links to the wxEuphoria docs. I consult these often:

Main wxEuphoria docs page.

See here for the wxRichTextCtrl.

I was recently looking to utilize wxStyledTextCtrl, but that's not available for wxEuphoria yet. I haven't been able to use wxRichTextCtrl either. Greg (ghaberek) says it should be available though.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: wxEuphoria Rich text control

euphoric said...
mb7001 said...

Thanks, Mike

Here are links to the wxEuphoria docs. I consult these often:

Main wxEuphoria docs page.

See here for the wxRichTextCtrl.

I was recently looking to utilize wxStyledTextCtrl, but that's not available for wxEuphoria yet. I haven't been able to use wxRichTextCtrl either. Greg (ghaberek) says it should be available though.

I am experimenting with it. I do not think that the dialogs will work though. As far as the control goes, I think I can hash out something that will do what I need it to.

4. Re: wxEuphoria Rich text control

mb7001 said...

I am experimenting with it. I do not think that the dialogs will work though. As far as the control goes, I think I can hash out something that will do what I need it to.

You should be able to print a wxRichTextCtrl control like this. However, get_buffer() throws a Segmentation fault with this code.

atom buffer = get_buffer( myRichText ) 
show_richprint_print_buffer( myRichPrint, buffer ) 

You should be able to format a wxRichTextCtrl control like this. However, show_modal() throws a Segmentation fault with this code.

atom dialog = create( wxRichTextFormattingDialog, {wxRICHTEXT_FORMAT_STYLE_EDITOR,myFrame} ) 
show_modal( dialog ) 

It seems to do with the RTTI (Runtime Type Information) system. The segfaults are on wxObject::Ref for get_buffer() and wxObject::IsKindOf for show_modal().

I will try to do some additional debugging on this. Not sure what exactly is going on yet.

-Greg

5. Re: wxEuphoria Rich text control

Greg, thank you very much for the help. I have a control working, and I am going to try to use the different functions. I think I understand some of this.

6. Re: wxEuphoria Rich text control

I'd like to experiment with this.

Where (or how) do I download and install the wxWidgets dll's for Windows 7?

I don't have a compiler available.

7. Re: wxEuphoria Rich text control

irv said...

I'd like to experiment with this.

Where (or how) do I download and install the wxWidgets dll's for Windows 7?

I don't have a compiler available.

You can get my latest build of wxEuphoria for Windows here.

wxEuphoria-0.17.0-win32-alpha4.exe (3.68 MB)
wxEuphoria-0.17.0-win32-alpha4.zip (5.84 MB)

This includes the compiled wxWidgets DLL's.

-Greg

8. Re: wxEuphoria Rich text control

Thanks! I had to fix one bug to get it to run. I think the wnd below should be window :) wxeud.e around line 7450

public procedure show_tabart_window_list( atom tabArt, atom window, sequence items, atom active_idx ) 
	c_proc( WX_SHOW_TABART_WINDOW_LIST, {tabArt,wnd,items,active_idx}) 

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu