1. Hello All! Trying to reactivate dead account, and possible issue with .deb file

Hello everyone. I'm a Euphoria person from a very long time ago. Long enough ago that I'm pretty much starting from scratch again.

If there is a sys admin about, I had a log on this site, but it's been inactive for many years. I attempted to retrieve the password, but it was so long ago, I got a message that I needed to talk to an admin. And for the life of me, I could not find contact info for the admin anywhere on this site. It's probably there, but you know, getting old and eyes no longer under warranty.

So, I'd love to get that old account re-activated and remove this one. Or, if not, then you might want to make sure that contact information is somewhere if a person needs to get in touch with the admin.

Also, I attempted to install Euphoria from the stable deb file, euphoria_4.0.5_amd64.deb. However, I immediately started having issues with EuGTK. So, in searching for the solution, I decided to "file eui," and according to my machine, it was a 32-bit executable. I confirmed that was indeed the file I downloaded. I went ahead and downloaded the beta 4.1.0 instead, and EuGTK worked fine (once I got smarter than what I was working with). At any rate, may be worth double-checking.

Finally, anyone still on IRC? I popped into the #euphoria channel, and just found some lurkers.

Thanks,

Travis Beaty.

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Hello All! Trying to reactivate dead account, and possible issue with .deb file

Travis_Beaty said...

Finally, anyone still on IRC? I popped into the #euphoria channel, and just found some lurkers.

Thanks,

Travis Beaty.

Welcome back. I'm always on IRC, nick name rywilly. A few people still chat from time to time.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Hello All! Trying to reactivate dead account, and possible issue with .deb file

Howdy and welcome back!

You may want to give Eu 4.1 a try. I've been using it for what seems like forever, without problems.

4. Re: Hello All! Trying to reactivate dead account, and possible issue with .deb file

I am using 4.1, and have had no problems other than my fumbling around trying to relearn the syntax. Now that I have some time, trying to get back into the swing of things.

Biggest issue I'm having is that I got so used to OOP, I'm having trouble thinking procedurally again. But fear not, I have it right where it wants me.

5. Re: Hello All! Trying to reactivate dead account, and possible issue with .deb file

Travis_Beaty said...

I am using 4.1 ...

Yep, now that I'm back to using a real computer instead of a cell phone, I see that you did write that you were using 4.1. Darn tiny screens :p

I appreciate any comments (good or bad) about EuGTK, they will help a lot, as it's nearly impossible for one person to test everything. BTW, there's a new version I'll be posting Sept. 1 which has some improvements based on experience writing an account app during the summer.

So far, I can say that the Linux/GTK version works as well as the Windows version, the code is somewhat smaller/shorter and somewhat more readable, and the appearance is MUCH nicer.

OTOH, some things could be done easier in Windows, while others turned out to be easier with the GTK version. The hardest part was making it work "just like" the Windows version, which is what clients are sure to insist upon, even if the Windows version isn't all that easy to use. What can you do :(

Forked into: New Version of EuGTK coming soon?

6. Re: Hello All! Trying to reactivate dead account, and possible issue with .deb file

Travis_Beaty said...

Hello everyone. I'm a Euphoria person from a very long time ago. Long enough ago that I'm pretty much starting from scratch again.

Thanks,

Travis Beaty.

Welcoke back!

Travis_Beaty said...

If there is a sys admin about, I had a log on this site, but it's been inactive for many years. I attempted to retrieve the password, but it was so long ago, I got a message that I needed to talk to an admin. And for the life of me, I could not find contact info for the admin anywhere on this site. It's probably there, but you know, getting old and eyes no longer under warranty.

So, I'd love to get that old account re-activated and remove this one. Or, if not, then you might want to make sure that contact information is somewhere if a person needs to get in touch with the admin.

Sure. What was the name of the old account?

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu