1. New Version of EuGTK coming soon?

Forked from Re: Hello All! Trying to reactivate dead account, and possible issue with .deb file

irv said...

I appreciate any comments (good or bad) about EuGTK, they will help a lot, as it's nearly impossible for one person to test everything. BTW, there's a new version I'll be posting Sept. 1 which has some improvements based on experience writing an account app during the summer.

So far, I can say that the Linux/GTK version works as well as the Windows version, the code is somewhat smaller/shorter and somewhat more readable, and the appearance is MUCH nicer.

OTOH, some things could be done easier in Windows, while others turned out to be easier with the GTK version. The hardest part was making it work "just like" the Windows version, which is what clients are sure to insist upon, even if the Windows version isn't all that easy to use. What can you do :(

Hi Irv!

I hope you are still planing a new release of EuGTK! I know you are very busy. Just wanted to let you know I am interested.

Thanks again for all the work you have put into EuGTK.

Ken

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: New Version of EuGTK coming soon?

I do have an updated version of EuGTK, but haven't posted it because most of the new code relates to touch-screen actions (pinch, tap, etc) - and I don't have a touch-screen computer available to test them.

I hate to release code which I haven't been able to verify. If someone on this forum has a touch-screen pc running Linux (Mint/Ubuntu, etc) and GTK 3.12+ is willing to do some testing, please let me know.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu