1. Beta 4 released

We have Linux and Windows downloads posted for Euphoria v4 Beta 4.

Currently, we have a windows installer and debian packages (for 32 and 64-bit systemseuphoria itself is still 32-bits) as well as the debian source package, which should only require gcc in order to build binaries. This should work on most Linux distributions.

We plan to post an "old style" tar.gz Linux distribution, as well as an OSX installer.

Matt

new topic     » topic index » view message » categorize

2. Re: Beta 4 released

platform.txt has this line:

elsifdef TRASHOS then this symbol is never defiend no error here either

i get a "symbol undefined" error on "defiend"

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view message » categorize

3. Re: Beta 4 released

Interesting. Why are there .c and .o files in the demo directory (Debian x86 package)? And an ex.err file?

Just nitpicking. I haven't run a lot of tests yet but news.ex runs.

sanity.ex fails on line 17 with "msg" as an unresolved reference. Looking at the source I see why it's wrapped in an ifdef which assumes Windows only is waiting for the elsedef conditions to be written.

4. Re: Beta 4 released

I do commend on making a deb file that works, along with a man page.

5. Re: Beta 4 released

jaygade said...

Interesting. Why are there .c and .o files in the demo directory (Debian x86 package)? And an ex.err file?

Good catch. It's an issue of not cleaning up after itself. I've opened ticket:193 for this.

Matt

6. Re: Beta 4 released

euphoria_4.0.beta.4-1ubuntu1_i386.deb installs easily, and works, except the sanity program immediately crashes with Euphoria SANITY TEST ... Segmentation fault.

Other than that, it seems to run all my Gtk programs just fine. This on Linux Mint 8

7. Re: Beta 4 released

useless said...

platform.txt has this line:

elsifdef TRASHOS then this symbol is never defiend no error here either

i get a "symbol undefined" error on "defiend"

Thanks. Fixed in svn:3385.

Matt

8. Re: Beta 4 released

irv said...

euphoria_4.0.beta.4-1ubuntu1_i386.deb installs easily, and works, except the sanity program immediately crashes with Euphoria SANITY TEST ... Segmentation fault.

Other than that, it seems to run all my Gtk programs just fine. This on Linux Mint 8

Thanks, I've opened ticket:194 regarding sanity.ex.

Also, I'd like to note that forum users can report bugs there (this is better than simply reporting it in the forum). Look for the "tickets" tab at the top of the page. Then, from the menu on the left, click on the "New Ticket" link.

Matt

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu