Re: Hypatia 3.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

I interfaced 100's of channels at one time to the C64, it blows my mind the modern computer is so limited!

Kat

Ditto. I mean, irv did explain why very well, but knowing the reason why doesn't make the fact of it any less mind-blowing in this case.

jimcbrown said...

Yup, will wait to see what you do with this.

katsmeow said...

Nothing. Not a thing. If i figure out the Leonardo stuff, i still have nothing on the wintel machine to receive from or talk to the Leonardo, because it's not a keybd.

Oh well. Hopefully andi's reference helps out here (or perhaps replaces it altogether?)

katsmeow said...

And Irv thinks i'll hook a spark plug wire into something designed for 3.3v, or maybe someone will,

I think it's more the second one (that someone else will - I mean you can find YouTube videos of folks trying to eat Tide pods online, so spark plug wires and 3.3v might be too much of an ask).

katsmeow said...

No one has a whatever, so having one must be a stupid idea.

Again, more about protecting the Tide pod eaters.

Also I suspect that you're a unique market of one - which is cool, but alas less profitable for businesses. A lot of good ideas are unprofitable, sadly.

katsmeow said...

so i should be denied access.

More like you were collateral damage than a deliberate target.

katsmeow said...

Even if that means OE not having any generic interface which i asked for,

katsmeow said...

In both cases, i mean as a generic interface, not specifically made for only a Centronics printer or 102-key HID.

So this is where my lack of recent windoze experience (something I'm otherwise thankful for) is a problem. On nix, OE has a really good generic interface - it's so easy to redirect stdin and stdout to some other kind of nonstandard device because of the builtin support from the OS for that kind of stuff.

katsmeow said...

because *i* asked for it.

Kat

You asked, and irv provided. You asked again, and andi provided. (Granted, hardware rather than an OE library or other OE code, but even so, this means for this fortnight, your score is two for two.)

katsmeow said...

One great reason i had for data logging was an intermittant electrical issue with my 35 year old car. A few days ago it became less intermittant, and the car had to be carried home. If i had the logger, i'd be able to rewind events and get a clue closer to the problem. While parked on the side of the highway, two local morons stopped, both agreed the camshaft wasn't turning, neither thought to open the filler cap and simply look at the rocker arms to verify they were wrong.

Ouch.

katsmeow said...

Neither could figure that the pistons moving with valves hung open would be very noisey.

Double ouch.

katsmeow said...

Like me talking about cell phone in 1975,

Luckily folks like Martin Cooper of Motorola were way ahead of you back on 1973/04/03.

katsmeow said...

the rebuttal was no one has one,

That's why mobiles can call landlines

katsmeow said...

and you could always use the pay phone down at the gas station.

Dumb. What if you're stranded in the Arizona desert and don't know how to get to the nearest gas station (or had a leak and now don't have enough gas to get there, or had multiple flat tires) and leaving your car without water is now a life threatening task? Ditto for folks stranded in a snowdrift in the middle of a major snowstorm.

katsmeow said...

640k is enough for anyone.

Kat

In fairness to Gates, he never actually said that.

katsmeow said...

It reminded me of the way a committee here must decide if i know what i want

I'm not sure if that was ever the case. It's more like, the committee here didn't know what you wanted because each member would say that that individual member understood what you wanted, but then it turned out everyone on the committee had a completely different idea of what you wanted, and couldn't come to a compromise on that point.

Well, not just regarding you. On basically everything related to Eu and OE.

katsmeow said...

and if it's a good idea or not.

To quote a former Enron executive, the best revenge is success.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu